Author Topic: p-benzo picture?  (Read 1878 times)

homeslice

p-benzo picture?
« on: October 05, 2003, 07:24:00 PM »
I've seen about 4-5 pics of p-benzo on here but everyones been either orange or yellow. Swims came out after recrystalization to be about 1cm long dark green/yellow shards. When swim looks at the container with the benzo it looks darkish, like dark green, but when swim pulls out crystals a little at a time, say 3-4 shards on a knife, then it is clear to see that the crystals are yellow. Anyone got a site where swim could take a look at some benzo?

GC_MS

I have seen commercial 1,4-benzoquinone that...
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2003, 07:38:00 PM »
I have seen commercial 1,4-benzoquinone that had a greenish colour.

Vitus_Verdegast

indeed
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2003, 07:46:00 PM »

Post 443537

(Vitus_Verdegast: "yellow and green p-benzoquinone", Chemistry Discourse)

homeslice

Ive seen those pics Vitus and thats when I...
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2003, 09:41:00 PM »
Ive seen those pics Vitus and thats when I began to question swims benzo. Swims doesnt look like that at all. Swims considering buying a cheap digital camera and posting his in a post b/c its hard to explain. Other than the look of it it seems to have all the other properties like the burning of the eyes and the strong chlorinated smell. Those pics look orangeish and powdery, if thats a word  :)
After recrystalization, would that orangish powder turn into 1cm yellow crystal shards with a dark greenish kind of hue?

AngelX

1,4 p-benzo
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2003, 04:23:00 AM »
Vitus i'm not sure if i totally agree with you there. I have been working with commercial acs reagent grade p-benzo for over a year now and has always been the "greenish powder" you describe. The reagent is 99.98% pure tracemetal plus, in triple sealed septum glass bottles with a nitrogen atmosphere.... so i am pretty sure it is about the most pure on planet earth. As it comes this way, it has always been green out of the unopened container.

homeslice

how green
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2003, 04:40:00 AM »
Ive read on here posts of the benzo being pea green. The benzo swims produced is definately a darker green but if swim individually looks at the crystals they are yellow. When massed together they look dark green.

Ive read so many different posts on here about the color variations in the benzo ranging from bright yellow to orange to pea green to almost black, which i think was called quinhydrone. Spric has some interesting stuff to say in his post saying if its VERY dark green its quinhydrone. Swims is very dark green but is this true? I thought that was black.

Post 213704 (missing)

(spric: "Re: Color of p-benzo", Newbee Forum)

Vitus_Verdegast

AngelX
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2003, 05:48:00 PM »
Then I still wonder why freshly made and recrystallised p-benzoquinone comes out bright yellow, and what is the cause of these differences in color?