Author Topic: gbl extraction?  (Read 5152 times)

penner

gbl extraction?
« on: May 27, 2003, 02:11:00 PM »
there is a liquid which contains gbl, Methylpyrrolidon, and Dimethylester. i think the Dimethylester is a substace which is in german called "Maleinsäuredimethylester"

i want to know more about these substaces and how to extract the glb from this liquid?

Rhodium

Separation of GBL and NMP
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2003, 07:34:00 PM »
Separation of GBL and NMP (N-methylpyrrolidinone) has been discussed before, plug in a few of these synonyms in TFSE and see for yourself.

penner

and whats about the Dimethylester?
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2003, 03:46:00 AM »
and whats about the Dimethylester?

cublium

Maleic acid dimethyl ester maybe?
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2003, 06:47:00 AM »
Maleic acid dimethyl ester maybe?

Rhodium

NMP/GBL/dimethylmaleate separation
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2003, 11:37:00 PM »
The same thing holds true for NMP as for dimethylmaleate - after complete hydrolysis to the free acids, only the GHB re-esterifies with ease in a slightly acid aqueous solution, forming GBL (which can then be steam distilled off), while the amino-acid from NMP and the maleic acid stays in their acid form and will be pretty non-volatile.

evoh_1

wrong forum
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2003, 11:39:00 PM »
this should be in another forum

Rhodium

misinforming?
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2003, 11:49:00 PM »
Oh, would you care to tell the audience which forum the extraction of GBL from a cleaning mixture should be placed, if not in

Chemicals & Equipment - Construction of lab equipment, sourcing and extraction of chemicals

armageddon

esterification
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2004, 01:16:00 PM »

armageddon

sorry - but you asked for it!
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2004, 02:44:00 PM »
You specifically asked for the reason why some bee thought the discussed topic belonged elsewhere - and I thought since nobody replied during the last few months, I would be allowed to post my opinion about the subject... :(

In case it was irony; why didn't you use a smiley then? (

Post 462395

(Rhodium: "The last part is incorrect.", Chemicals & Equipment)

Anyway: if you think a thread is too old to take up any more useful information - why don't you just close it??

A (at the risk of getting bad karma again  :) )