Author Topic: can anyone one give me some info about...  (Read 1732 times)

describe_one

can anyone one give me some info about...
« on: October 25, 2003, 12:04:00 AM »

Ziqquratu

The same?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2003, 05:06:00 AM »
Unless I'm mistaken, Pyrex and Bomex are just brand names - the type of glass is called "borosilicate", and Bomex and Pyrex both use a similar mixture in making their products.  Thus both should be more or less equal.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong, though.

describe_one

thanks for the help
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2003, 11:10:00 AM »
swim thought it was a similar situation, but swim wasn't quite sure whether this was some bootleg knockoff borosilicate glass that wouldn't withstand half the pressure of pyrex or not.  swim just needed reassurance because swim didn't want to look like a glass-shard pincussion.

Schwa

Inferior Glassware
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2003, 04:27:00 PM »
Bomex is lower quality labware.  If you are serious about the quality of your tools, you will most likely be disappointed with Bomex.  Word.  Buchner surfaces are uneven.  Pour spouts are off kilter,  Sep funnels leak.  Many glass items I have seen chip or crack more easily than Pyrex or Kimbal.  The stuff is cheap for a reason.  That's how I see it.

schwa

Rhodium

It won't take pressure just because it's Pyrex
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2003, 04:31:00 PM »
bootleg knockoff borosilicate glass that wouldn't withstand half the pressure of pyrex or not.

Ordinary Pyrex borosilicate glass are not designed to withstand any pressure either.

MDMA_AcTIvEsTS

DESRIBE_ONE
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2003, 07:21:00 PM »
DESCRIBE_ONE.

you may take it upon your self that you should label your post with the correct heading associating it to what you are looking for.

As for this reason, fellow bees with have trouble trying to find info bundled up in the numerous amounts of jargon that people such as your self entangle with in the post heading..

please refrain from such (POO) headings as there are other bees out and about in the HIVE..

:P

describe_one

well damn.
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2003, 03:18:00 AM »