Author Topic: Please list ALL OTC chem sources here.  (Read 6437 times)

Trenchcoat

nitroethane
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2002, 07:03:00 AM »

I thought nitroMethane was available as opposed to nitroEthane. From what I've read nitromethane usually contains extremelly small amounts of nitroethane ( like 2% or 3%). Nitroethane is List I or II isn't it?

I have found a place that sells both nitromethane and nitroethane. I've abandoned my dreams of performing a synth (at least for the next year or two, there's just no way) so it's been a while and I've lost my list of sources and prices but as I recall the nitroethane is much more expensive than nitromethane.

Better loving through chemistry.

wyndowlicker

nitromethane
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2002, 02:01:00 AM »
that shits not as easy to find as one may think especially the 99.5 %stuff.real hard but not impossible.Drag racing is my favorite sport those little cars arent good or pure enough!

I will choke untill I swallow!Who are you to judge or strike me down!Miss you Kerra!

goiterjoe

depends on the engine
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2002, 02:56:00 AM »
nitroMethane is used as a fuel enhancer for alcohol fueled engines, while nitroEthane is used as a gasoline enhancer.  I think it has something to do with the k value of nitroethane being a lot higher and being run in higher compression engines.  Don't quote me on that though.  I just know they sell it.

Osmium

> I just know they sell it.
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2002, 09:42:00 AM »
>  I just know they sell it.

Not much longer if you guys keep telling every wannabee where to find it.

I'm not fat just horizontally disproportionate.