Author Topic: Methanol (10% nitro)  (Read 2026 times)

Ondatom

Methanol (10% nitro)
« on: January 16, 2003, 11:14:00 AM »
i can only find methanol with a 10% nitro content would this make any significant damage if used in any extraction techniques? any imput would be appreciated greatly thanks

pickler

Methanol is very easy to find without nito in...
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2003, 12:37:00 PM »
Methanol is very easy to find without nito in it. Try the auto store. Gas line dry. This topic is covered quite a bit in the FSE.

ZingoBingo

Methanol
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2003, 10:29:00 PM »
Thats what I thought:
Try the auto store. Gas line dry.
But just the other day I read a post stating something to the effect that the gas line cleaner was pure Iso and to just poor it in.  Got me thinking 'bout it to the extent I gave my yellow bottle stash the 'ol whiff test.  Nope . . .no smell.  Don't think it's Iso. 

ZB

hCiLdOdUeDn

If you have a 10% solution of pure methanol...
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2003, 11:18:00 PM »
If you have a 10% solution of pure methanol with pure nitromethane then you can use that for amination! Otherwise just buy methanol or even isopropyl alcohol for extraction purposes.

ZingoBingo

Gas line update
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2003, 10:29:00 PM »
One brand contains methanol the other brand does, in fact, contain Iso.  Don't know which one does a better job nor do I know what would happen if the two were mixed together prior to using in the usual way.

ZB

foxy2

Isopropanol is more selective and recommended...
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2003, 11:25:00 AM »
Isopropanol is more selective and recommended by the surgeon general for tweekers.