Author Topic: Vitamins and supplements future contraband?  (Read 1286 times)

SPISSHAK

Vitamins and supplements future contraband?
« on: January 19, 2003, 09:20:00 AM »

http://www.cannabisculture.com/magazine/cc09/activist/holocaust/

Is there any validity to this? these corporate fudgepackers sure don't leave any stones unturned if that's the case.

lugh

Profits
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2003, 12:08:00 PM »
This has been an ongoing worldwide effort by certain corporations for many years, not all the active parties are mentioned in that article  :(

chiliuno

good! make it all illegal.
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2003, 04:47:00 PM »
good!  make it all illegal.  the more it's restricted, the more underground chemists will be able to make on these items.
the kennedys made there money during prohibition...

PolytheneSam

Let's see. Out of that list I have Calamus,...
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2003, 12:02:00 AM »
Let's see.  Out of that list I have Calamus, Camphor Oil , Chaparral , Comfrey, Ginkgo Biloba, something with Gotu Kola in it, Yohimbe, Pau D'Arco (taheebo), Arginine , Ornithine, Lysine, Carnitine, Tyrosine, Phenylalanine,  Tryptophan, Kava Kava, Melatonin, DHEA, Chromium Picolinate and Boron, Zinc and Manganese  supplements.  I had some Stevia one time.  Thuja is in the list and the closest I have is wormwood.

LoW_JacK

Awful lot of sassafras oil in that thar list.
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2003, 08:42:00 AM »

Awful lot of sassafras oil in that thar list.

Obviously a MDMA ring hard at work on the smuggle tip.
Bling Bling ... naw I dont think so!

spectralmagic

Sometimes I get so mad...
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2003, 12:15:00 AM »
But what can we do?  Those who'd like to see the supplement market disappear are also those with the money, and money drives everything...

I noticed nowhere does it say growing and consuming these things yourself is illegal...  I grow my on stevia (I live in Canada, so that could be a no-no, right?), as it's superiour to any artificial sweetener I've tried (they leave a strange aftertaste which can invoke the gag reflex or can act as a laxative - stevia doesn't).

There are several others on that list that I currently use and would not give up without a fight...  if it goes underground people will get hurt, simple as that.  Look at the currently illegal drugs, back-alley abortions, etc.  Legislation never stops anything that people want to do, just generates more profit for those who already have too much, it seems...