Author Topic: Buchner Funnel ???  (Read 1621 times)

DjTime

Buchner Funnel ???
« on: August 11, 2003, 02:19:00 AM »
using MM's write up of the Al/Hg using normal scaling. What is the recomended size of buchner funnel I should use for filtration of the tolene solution?

technology

What size Buchner Funnel?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2003, 04:54:00 AM »
What size Buchner funnel?

It does not really matter, of course you want to be able to evenly spread it out. however, i would recommend a 12.5 cm, "that will do the job".

by having a big one and less product it will spread and stick to the paper all over, by having a smaller one it helps you keep all the yummy product all togeather.

12.5 will be suficiant"""cm that is..." :P

Also be carefull what questions you post on the hive" as this may be considered as crap. MAKE SURE you search not just on the hive but else where. Look on google and see what size funnel they use in the pracs or what the overall size is that people are using in online pracs.

clearly you have limited knowledge, read read my friend as i was told and please use the search engines available on the HIVE and WEB..." 8)  8)

mnm

universal
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2003, 02:34:00 PM »
Kids would recommend purchasing a 30mm Ceramic buchner, as that is one of the most commonly sold filter sizes.

Not to mention the fact that it will be universally usefull for other filtrations.

FlyBoy

Sound
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2003, 06:05:00 AM »
>by having a big one and less product it will spread and stick to the paper all over, by having a smaller one it helps you keep all the yummy product all together

Sounds like common sense to me, -a little wind of the spring in 'De olde Klinker would have saved sombudy some unwanted heat if he really was posting about crap.