Author Topic: Ergot?  (Read 3505 times)

Drug_Phreak

Ergot?
« on: August 01, 2004, 08:40:00 PM »

Drug_Phreak

OK... I've used TFSE, but the only thing I've...
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2004, 01:41:00 PM »
OK... I've used TFSE, but the only thing I've been able to find was a few posts that didn't answer my questions. That's ok though because I've found out that you can only get ergotism from swallowing rather large amounts. Even if you ate something with 0.1% of ergot in it on a regular basis you wouldn't get ergotism, but if a pregnant mother ate that amount her baby might get it. And ergot doesn't make your limbs fall off in and of itself. It constricts your blood vessels in the limbs, which promotes gangrene. I'm not that scared now that I know the facts.

Tdurden969

Keep it away from any open wounds as well.
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2004, 08:49:00 PM »
Keep it away from any open wounds as well.

Personally I would be wary of any major handling of ergot compounds or fungus outside of a glovebox.

Now no offence, but I doubt you should be handling it to begin with considering the kinds of questions you are asking and the obvious lack of expertiese in the area certianly precludes you from being able to carry out any succesful complex synths relating to Ergot anyways.

Everything you need to know is out there for the takeing if you are truly interested in it. It's not going to be given to you, you need to seek it out and take it.

But hey, what do I know.

Just bee careful and bee safe.

T