The Hive > Tryptamine Chemistry

LSD synthesis

<< < (4/6) > >>

violethorn:
I wasn't talking about synthesizing lysergic acid with hydrazine. In fact, I wasn't talking about synthesizing lysergic acid at all. That's a very long and expensive procedure (my opinion). What I was talking about was extracting lysergic acid from material that occurs in nature, namely ergot, with hydrazine.
Ergot contains lyergic acid not in its pure form but in one of it's derivatives (ergot alkaloids). Ergot alkaloids are lysergic acid bonded with an amino acid. Which amino acid it is bonded with determines which alkaloid it is.
Treating any ergot alkaloid (or a mix) with hydrazine (anhydrous or hydrate) will result in the bond between the lysergic acid and the amino acid to be broken, the amino acid to be garbaged, and the lysergic acid to be immediately bonded with the hydrazine into iso-lysergic acid-hydrazide, which crystalizes. Thats my understanding of what occurs. You don't obtain lysergic acid in it's pure freebase form, but you don't kneed to. Then, you go from iso-lysergic acid hydrazide to LSD.
The fungus Claviceps purpurea is the cause of ergot occuring in nature. The fungus secretes the alkaloids as a by-product of it's life process.

indole_amine:
Hydrolysis can be done with any strong base, KOH is often used here. The hydrazine method is a bit outdated. And ergot is dangerous. Its the alkaloids that are the dangerous substance, and you're after the alkaloids, so you're doing a dangerous job. Get it??? (side note: LSA="lyserg saure" amine=lysergic acid amine, which is NOT that dangerous at all...)

indole_amine

n00dle:
There are neumerous (spelling?) threads on why ergot is -not- any more dangerous than other chemical preps if done correctly.

Yes, the products from ergot cultivation (alkaloids) can cause gangrene, but, this must be ingested in huge quantities. This would be the same as a migraine sufferer downing like 10 packets of ergotamine tablets.
If you are stupid enough to eat a brunch of brewing bulbbling gross stuff, you probably deserve to get what comes to you.

In regards to ergot cultivation, unless the -spores- cause inherant danger when inhaled, then this might cause an issue. But nobody has posted anything on this.

An ergot setup with HEPA in, and bleach bubbler out, will suffice. as long as you dont eat your product.

Also, a question SWIM has wanted to ask for a while.
Yes, woodrose contains the highest concentrations of LSA compared to morning glories, but, we are interested in -any- hydrolysable ergot alkaloids. What if the ergot alkaloid profile of a morning glory was like, 99% ergot alkaloids (unpsychoactive) and 1% LSA?
This would make MG's more suitable for a starting material. SWIM will look up alkaloid profiles for both now, but would appreciate if anyone has this information, to post it.

Astrum:
Yeah, from what swim has read you have to work with large amounts of ergot without proper protection over a period of time before it gives you gangrene or anything serious like that.

Still, working with LSA would be safer by default even if doing micro-batches. That peptide coupling thread a few threads down looks like an interesting process. Of course getting BOP or PyBOP wouldn't exactly be a cake walk. In either case I think LSA would be the better way to go as opposed to ergot. Of course you need to know your chemistry and chemistry techniques if you want to do it. I believe that the peptide coupling procedure requires chromatography, or atleast last time I checked it they were talking about that (haven't checked it in quite a while). I also know a few places to get cheap seeds, not going to name names but there are sources out there. And even if you do have to pay $1,000+ per Kg (not sure what currency you're using), the return will be quite high. Besides, trying to produce ergot would be a huge pain in the ass. Just my opinions though.

hest:
I have been working with Ergot in a otc setup (cottonplug's ect) and I'm not dead or become a warewolf (atleast not more than once a month')

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version