The Hive > Stimulants

distilling method/would ratios change

<< < (2/2)

nzgal:
My mistake I did not mean to mislead you, it is a hypo reduction.  Swim has never refluxed over an hour.

The reason for the amount of water was because it was a 20litre still and the way swim was showen from the begining.  Hence my question because I am getting away from large pieces of equipment which I know are not necessary.
:-[

amalgum:
I see some people are quicker to skim posts and spout off things like UTFSE than others, or some of you would have realized he said E/I2/H reduction, meaning hypo.  Now whether or not that is sufficient time for a hypo, SWIM has no clue.

However, no matter what reduction, 13 something odd liters of water per 10g of a helluva lot.  SWIM would have used like 500mL or something to finish that rxn up.  As far as adding base goes, SWIM always adds straight base (not NaOH solution) slowly but surely to the finished rxn.  SWIM has found meth to be pretty damn durable when it comes to basing, and really any gaks that carry through would be your only concern with the basing.  However, seeing as your gonna steam distill (as does SWIM), it really doesn't matter what gak you activate by accidentally adding too much NaOH to fast or something. In SWIMS experience, it all comes over clean anyway.

Stonium:
Who the fuck said to UTFSE?

Certainly not me.

SHORTY:
First time ive seen E/I2/H used, i missed that.

Thats a completely different ballgame.  Yes hypo cooks can bee completed in less than an hour although i prefer to cook a little longer with less heat and more water.  Also it really doesnt matter how much water is used to distill.  I just can't imagine using sooo much.  It might even produce a cleaner result. But in my opinion no matter how much water is used the yeild will bee the same.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version