Author Topic: Red Bull / Taurine ???  (Read 4820 times)

BlackBmw1

Red Bull / Taurine ???
« on: September 27, 2004, 10:50:00 AM »
swim wanted to know which extraction to do on a solution 85% Sudo and 15% Taurine need to extract the sudo out of the Taurine , swim never came across that mixtures before. can that be extracted ??? ::) . Taurine is out of RED BULL drinks , its not Toluene what we all know Taurine , swim was just  going to do the basic straight E or A/B then titrate it , swim  just wanted some other suggestions .

Xaja

I gots to ask...
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2004, 01:09:00 PM »
How does one come by pseudo/taurine mix?? Or did you have some sort of accident??

I'm not trying to get you post sources or anything, just curious is all.... :P

Ascension

Taurine from red bull, and pseudoephedrine?
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2004, 01:31:00 PM »
Taurine from red bull, and pseudoephedrine?
I just did a search for Taurine and Pseudo in google, didnt come up with anything so im guessing you slipped up somewhere.
Provide all the details and we'll help you out.

psi0nic

thai redbull has amphetamine
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2004, 11:33:00 PM »
and nicotine, probably taurine and glucuronolactone b's etc just like the one here except for the amphetamine and nicotine... well put it this way, when i bought what were apparently the last of the thai redbulls that got into australia. I wasn't smoking tobacco at the time so the nic was nasty...

anyone know if they still even sell it in thailand, with all this business of shooting meth cooks and dealers?

metalgirl

bull
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2004, 11:48:00 PM »
The thai red bulls disapeared from the local shop about a year ago but they're back....Smith st Collingwood, Melbourne...Asian grocery near Moor st...do you get in trouble for revealing sources of red bull? me thinks not...

Ascension

I saw some refrences on the net to the thai...
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2004, 07:12:00 AM »
I saw some references on the net to the thai red bull, its in the glass bottle yeah.
But could'nt find any ingredients.
Besides, even if it did have pseudo in it, i doubt there would be anywhere near enough to make it worth while.
Plus the cost of one of these drinks compared to the amount of pseudo in it? :o

BlackBmw1

how would one get it in if that way was the...
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2004, 07:59:00 AM »
how would one get it in if that way was the only way, its not something premixed what everyones talking about,..anyway guys thanks ...one deliberately puts Psuedo into Taurine 8)  8)

Ascension

Well if its just pseudo and taurine i guess...
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2004, 12:03:00 PM »
Well if its just pseudo and taurine i guess you could just evap the lot and see what you get. If the taurine evaps clean then you will be left with just the pseudo unless their was something else in it.
If the taurine doesnt evap clean then dissolve the lot in water, add a NP bring the PH up to 13 and work up normally.

psi0nic

it's amphetamine
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2004, 09:47:00 PM »
it has listed on the ingredients something at 10mg and something at 20mg i vaguely recall, and the person who sold it to me said it was amphetamine in it and it certainly woke me up... The ingredients was written in thai, it'd be cool for someone to get it translated and popped onto this thread for interest's sake.

Not advised to nonsmokers, nicotine makes a nonsmoker feel nauseated.

embezzler

arent the penalties for possesion of
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2004, 11:31:00 PM »
amphetamine in thailand pretty severe?I cant see them allowing this openly? seriously doubt it is pseudo it would taste like shit.Its probably just caffeine.

Xaja

Ok I see now...
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2004, 06:10:00 AM »
SWIX thinks experiment probably pretty important here. You don't wanna take risks only to have it all turn to shit because you can't get a clean sep. Traditional methods should work thou I guess. Obviously a/b ain't gonna work because taurine is an amine, but it should fraction under vacuum distillation or something. And then there is solvents. SWIX is guessing that sulfonic group will have some properties that could be exploited here. Do some ground work first dude...