Author Topic: Lye...so much more than just a breakfast drink  (Read 3886 times)

ampdup

Lye...so much more than just a breakfast drink
« on: September 29, 2004, 01:28:00 AM »

buz

bringing down the ph:
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2004, 03:08:00 AM »
when the water layer beecomes a semi-solid, you've got more NaOH than you needed. its hard to miss the phenomenae when it occurrs. though it may not have hurt anything, it certainly slows the migration of molecules upward, into the NP layer.
naturally, you could lower the ph with the addition of some water and some acid; like muriatic (HCl at 30%, more or less, in aqueous solution)
the result will bee the formation of NaCl, which can bee ditched later on, thru its unwillingness to disolve in alcohol; combined with the willingness of  meth (and its precursors) to disolve in the alcohol.

i'm sure you'll figure out the rest...assuming this made a lick of sense.

ampdup

Thanks!
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2004, 05:56:00 AM »
Groovy, I will get on that.  I looked and looked and although I found info on the right way to do it, I could find nada on what to do if you screwed it up. At least I  learned a lesson, while there are obviously some insanely smart people in here, best to cross reference and research the info for accuracy before incorperating the idea into your a/b.  But, I gotta give credit where credit is due, this place is the bomb!  You folks convinced me to drop some of my old ways and methods, get some real equipment, and to turn down the heat and add some water.  When I told the guy that showed me this stuff that I had cooked my stuff for over 10 hours he started laughin and said I was wasting my time.  So I handed him some foil to try.  He was callin me within an hour and wanted to know more.  Mua-haha.  Aint life beautiful sometimes? Thanks Gang!

geezmeister

unlocking lye
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2004, 04:09:00 PM »
If you will slowly heat the locked solution, it usually liquefies again. If it won't, the addition of a little hot water to the solution should do the trick.

ampdup

Brain Lock situation rectified
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2004, 11:24:00 PM »
When buz was kind enough to kick me in the head and get my brain jumpstarted again, it took me about 10 whole minutes to find an excellent thread on the very subject...and wouldn't ya know it, it was Geez's very well written post reaction thread.  Awesome job on that, BTW. As I did the dance of joy around the room, I began to feel a bit foolish for nearly throwing a tantrum,  my bad.  Feel free to stone me at your convienience....hold on...here, I'll even get the rocks for you (boy this is probably gonna hurt)thanks again!  on with the show.....