Author Topic: MBRP quickly with Paper Cutters - w/Photo  (Read 3202 times)

mindbaby

MBRP quickly with Paper Cutters - w/Photo
« on: September 30, 2004, 01:35:00 AM »
TFSE tells me my dreamed up idea isn't original..
Though I know, a pictures worth a 1000 words, so here goes.

Place cardboard matchbooks tray/box under your paper cutter.
Hold matchbooks by the matches themselves and cut'em.

Your MBRP strips will fall into their tray (for easy collection) and the disposed of matchbook cardboard will fall on the table outside of your strips tray which you toss in trash with matches after each cutting.

You may also place your fresh books on the paper cutter for quick and easy access.

You can cut the books much quicker with the cutter than scissors making the $20-30 investment well worth it.

-MiNd

Scottydog

Most Efficient Means
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2004, 02:42:00 AM »
Yep, this is the most efficient means of dealing with this painstaking chore. The beautiful thing about using a paper cutter is you can shuck cases of them one day and rubber band them together like playing cards. All of them facing one direction so they can bee cut later.

Then whenever a bee decides to get around to it, they can then fan them out and cut 5-10 strikers at a time. The blade on the cutter tends to GO dull rather quickly, so a sharpening is recommended every 3-6 months, depending on the frequency of use.  ;)

Its hard to believe that people even use matchbooks anymore, let alone RP. The big stores keep them fairly stocked now and they remain stocked for extended periods of time.