Author Topic: 2C-B Synthesis question  (Read 1794 times)

carboxyl

2C-B Synthesis question
« on: July 11, 2002, 01:24:00 AM »
After reading the 2C-B sythesis linked to the Lycaeum via Rodium's site, I have a question of one of the involved steps.

Now we will distill the oil under reduced pressure and at a relatively high temperature. ... At full water pressure, the oil bath will need to reach 195 Celcius before the 2,5DMPEA will start to come over as clear, waterlike oil. Keep the temperature and pressure constant as the oil slowly drips over.

My question: Will distilling off the 2,5 DMPEA at 195° cause any decomposure of the product, and if so, are there any other viable alternatives. I don't see fractional freezing as practicle if it comes off at 195° under vacuum.

If this belongs in the Newbee forum, please relocate accordingly.

Thank you.

Carboxyl

My brain should be a Schedule 1 organ.

Rhodium

I believe that the yield will be lower if ...
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2002, 01:33:00 AM »
I believe that the yield will be lower if distilled at 190-200°C than if you had a real vacuum pump, in which case the distillation temperature would be at least 50°C lower.

Fractional crystallization of the freebase in a freezer won't work.

carboxyl

re: vac pump
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2002, 04:38:00 AM »
ok. thank you. it is good to know that with a vaccum pump swim would be capable of distilling at a lower temp. swims vacuum pump is 3-4 days away. it should be nice graduating from the aspirator. :)

Goodtimes

Are you trying this?
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2002, 07:07:00 PM »
Is this a synth at SWIU is going to try?  SWIM has been very interested in this product, but was unsure of some of the varriables.  Please post or pm your friends results if they are working on this.

Many questions..

"The gods are too fond of a joke."  (Aristotle)

carboxyl

re: trying this
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2002, 12:07:00 AM »
i heard some homeless guy blathering that he is stuying and reading but has run into problems aquiring certain chemicals. he will keep the hive posted and will post results, successes, failures, lost limbs, marriges, etc.

Goodtimes

Yes
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2002, 04:39:00 PM »
Yea, that was one of the major problem my friend was running into.  Still an interesting concept though. :P

"The gods are too fond of a joke."  (Aristotle)

Precursor2112

Which one's is the fuckery
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2002, 06:50:00 AM »
lah
thf
or 2,5 dmb???

Keep your machetes out boys, this is next part of the jungle i'm headed...

Diversion?  What diversion?  To who?  To where?  What were we talking about again?

foxy2

these
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2002, 09:00:00 AM »
lah
2,5-dmb

I'd bee careful with both of em

Those who give up essential liberties for temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

Mindflux

sigh..
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2002, 07:55:00 AM »
2,5-dmb or not 2,5-dmb, that is the question.