Author Topic: Say ...one had a kilo of ergot?  (Read 4128 times)

Pharmer_John

Say ...one had a kilo of ergot?
« on: May 03, 2001, 06:04:00 PM »
Say one had a kilo of ergot, how would he extract the ergotamine to be used in a LSD synth?

KrZ

Re: Say ...one had a kilo of ergot?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2001, 01:13:00 AM »
Why waste valuable alkaloids?  People always said, "LOOK HOW HARD IT WAS TO MAKE A C. PURPuEA THAT WOULD PRODUCE 1mg/L DMT ELVIS, YOU CANT GROW IT!!"...  But that was somewhat wrong...  If you read hoffmanns original work you see the he never purified ergotamine when he 1st made LSD.  It was a crude "Ergotoxin" mixture which he isolated, a whole bunch of ergot alkaloids mixed together.  But when you hydrolyzed them you got Lysergic Acid all around anyway....  Read his work if you really want to know.

ragga

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2001, 05:30:00 PM »
learn how to make lsd.

KrayZeeDiamond

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2001, 04:12:00 AM »
Phar,
You sound as if your sayin...You know how to make lsd but the only thing preventing you is proper extracting of "a" from "b". Which to me sounds backwards.

If you cant extract "a" from "b" how ya gonna get your "l..s...d"? Hey that rhymes.

the extraction is done with solvents: 1/10 gal. of 28% ammonia + 9/10 gal. of methanol. after mixing this, add to 9 gallons of chloroform to give 10 gallons of extract solvent. Your desired alkaloids are destroyed by light so a darkened room with  minimal red/yellow light is needed .
Also evaporation MUST BEE w/vacuum. If you disregard these precautions you will ruin daGoods.

lifeisbutadream

eli3

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2001, 09:47:00 AM »
wouldn't you in a sense be extracting B from C*, then toss it in you Parr(crank up the hydrogen)and pull the A off of the B, extract the A purify and react with D(or some other letter if you don't have any D)?

*C=crap

eli3

"pull the wool over your own eyes"

Lilienthal

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2001, 10:46:00 AM »
No. (Erasers are always wrong).

KrZ

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2001, 10:00:00 PM »
A is for acid, and acid is not free.
D is for doses, and doses are for me.

goiterjoe

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2001, 08:36:00 PM »
why did you get rid of the "erase the hive" button from the top?  now I have nothing left to play with while I surf the hive other than myself.  oh well, I guess the button wasn't that much fun after all.

If pacman influenced us, we'd glide around dark rooms eating pills and listen to repetitive music.

I_AM_THE_WALRUS

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2002, 02:42:00 PM »
Then he sould give that ergot to charity ;) . If you dont know how, than i dont think you desirve it. Theres people I know that would KILL for a kilo of ergot....but no, the guy who doesnt know what the fuck hes doing gets it.......damn

bujinkan

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2002, 12:43:00 PM »
theyd kill for that much ergot? if theyre too dumb to find it then they probably cant perform a synthesis anyways.

http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/pao/History/SP-4406/4406-028.jpg

PrimoPyro

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2002, 12:51:00 PM »
Thought you were leaving us?  ;)

Vivent Longtemps la Ruche!

bujinkan

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2002, 02:06:00 PM »
;) so did i.

my posts will still be rare, usually' theyll be in this tomb...err forum.

I_AM_THE_WALRUS

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2002, 11:52:00 AM »
me?

PrimoPyro

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2002, 02:18:00 PM »
No.

Vivent Longtemps la Ruche!

PoohBear4Ever

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2002, 09:04:00 PM »
what?

Esotericum

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2002, 05:12:00 AM »
Hey, Bujinkan!!  Long time no read!! ;)

FNORD - you are not authorized to receive that information

amalgum

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2002, 01:25:00 PM »
If one had a kilo of ergot, SEND IT TO ME!!!!

j/k

But I do wish I had a kilo of ergot............

Esotericum

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2002, 05:31:00 AM »

If one had a kilo of ergot, SEND IT TO ME!!!!

I'll split it with you :P  :)

Ergot for everyone!! ;)

FNORD - you are not authorized to receive that information

PoohBear4Ever

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2002, 06:24:00 AM »
If'n your gonna go halves, you might as well go thirds, considering each of you would only have to forfeit a sixth of the whole, for this would make one more bee very, very, happy...

PB

bujinkan

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2002, 03:26:00 PM »
Boston Herald
2/10/02

Website Blamed for Gangrene Outbreak

A recent outbreak of St. Anthony's fire, a disease caused by the wheat fungus Ergot, has been blamed on an internet website. The Hive, as it is known to the cyber community, reportedly encourages the use of drugs, abnormal sex practices, and even the plundering of ancient egyptian temples.
Doctors all over the country have been greeted with limbless patients, some claiming to have been members of the infamous Pooh Bear mafia.
Doctor Shevorkian says, "Ive never so many dumbasses try to eat ergot to trip. In the old days, we used to get cases of cat poop ketamine poisoning, and young people with stomachs full of pesticide coated morning glory seeds, now this? If you ask me the entire planet should be cleansed."
Rhodium, the local sex chief at the hedonistic hive colony couldnt be reached for comment, but his lawyer claims that he is not in fact a sex chief, but that he was the unwitting pawn of several unscroupulous moderators (who will remain unnamed) who took advantage of his innocence.