Author Topic: making DXM  (Read 3130 times)

afterallwehad

making DXM
« on: December 05, 2003, 05:46:00 PM »
if someone could tell me if this would work so i wont waste my time...

extracting pure dxm using:

tussin cough and cold syrup(only Dextromethorphan as active ingredient)
clear ammonia
citric acid
Naphtha

if i were to empty a 4oz. bottle of tussin into a 2 liter bottle, then add 4 oz. of ammonia.
agitate it for a few minutes.
then add 4 oz. of naphtha.
agitate it for 5 or 6 minutes.
pour the mixture into a big zip lock bag.
let everything seperate.
cut a small hole in the corner of the bottle bag.
drain out the red ammonia/syrup mixture.
then drain the naphtha mixture into a new bottle.
take citric acid, about the same amount as the naphtha and dilute it with a little water. mix the naphtha and citric acid for a good 5 to 10 minutes.
then pour this mixture into another zip lock bag.
let the mixture settle.
cut a hole in the bottom of the bag. drain out the citric acid into a glass dish and throw the naphtha away.
put the glass dish over a low heat untill it disolved into a powder.

would this method work?
or would some innocent person die?

from what i have read, once you mix the tussin with the ammonia, the molecules combine. then, once you add the naptha the dxm molecules leave the syrup and the ammonia and go with the naptha.
finally, when you mix the naptha/dxm mixture with the diluted citric acid, the acid grabes ahold of it.

do i have any chance of making some somewhat pure dxm powder?

Dim_Bulb

sounds good to me
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2003, 09:04:00 PM »
sounds good to me

n00dle

not the best idea
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2003, 03:27:00 AM »
first of all, you wouldnt want to eat something that's been soaked in naptha. use something else. and for that matter, unless you extract and use fairly soon, from what i hear, the freebase dxm will turn into dextrorphan (dxo) fairly rapidly.

Un_Chambered

What's wrong with the procedures found at...
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2003, 04:23:00 AM »
What's wrong with the procedures found at

http://www.third-plateau.com

its a site dedicated to dxm so i'm sure you'll find your answers there.Can't really comment on the above method other than to say it's allways a good idea to wash at least once with the solvent your going to extract with before basifing.
Peace,Chambered.

fnord

dxm extration from syrup
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2003, 06:48:00 AM »
it will work and is fairly clean i wouldent worry aboute it converting to dxo ive never heard of this and even if it does itll stil make u trip dxo is kinda justa more mwllow trip cheak out the dxo synth on erowid the one by noisemaker the other one pure bullshit i e-mailed erowid like ten time stelling tem to take it of there site before someone got hurt and they finnely publisehd a different one

hester18

looks ok from here....however...
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2003, 07:40:00 PM »
It is a legit extraction for making agent lemon, the citrate of detromethorphan.
As for the decomposition, i have heard if it decomposing fairly soon into DXO, also DXO is the metabolite of DXM i believe so you trip either way.
An improvement for this would be to turn DXM into the HCl salt instead of the citrate, then using a better solvent, extract it and dry. It is easier to buy it from online distributors, i think 30g goes for like 80 USD.
~Hester

cradle

anyone's gnomes actually tried this method...
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2003, 03:16:00 AM »
anyone's gnomes actually tried this method before?

my gnome would be curious as to the feedback

cradle

anyone?
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2003, 06:13:00 AM »

Chromic

Yes
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2003, 10:10:00 AM »
Cradle: yes... and what would you like to know?

cradle

and the verdict is?
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2004, 12:24:00 AM »
and the verdict is?

squeamish

from what i hear, the freebase dxm will turn...
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2004, 12:33:00 AM »
from what i hear, the freebase dxm will turn into dextrorphan (dxo) fairly rapidly.

I'm pretty sure this is not true, and is in fact confusing what happens to freebase DXM when in isolation with what happens to DXM when ingested.  DXM turns into DXO as it is metabolised in the body.