Author Topic: Density of MDMA.HCl  (Read 2847 times)

aleph

Density of MDMA.HCl
« on: September 16, 2003, 09:37:00 PM »
I know, I know, some settling of contents may occur during shipping.  It can be pressed into a pill, it can be left light and fluffy.  I know that the "average" dosage is approximately 0.1 mg.  What I need to know is an approximation of volume of 0.1 g of uncompressed MDMA.HCL, and what volume reduction should I expect to achieve with moderate compaction?  Any knowledgable guesses?  Any reliable data available?

raffike

Depends on consistency.Powder MDMA is less...
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2003, 12:07:00 AM »
Depends on consistency.Powder MDMA is less dense than MDMA in lumps.

methyl_ethyl

Typo?
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2003, 06:28:00 AM »
I know that the "average" dosage is approximately 0.1 mg.

You do mean .1gram correct? ie. 100mg....

aleph

correct dosage
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2003, 07:10:00 AM »
Yeah, methyl, ya caught me.  As a diurnal creature, my thought processes (such as they are) wane late in the evening.  0.1 g sounds exstatic; 0.1 mg sounds disapointing.

Guess I'll just have to find out for myself.

Thanks, anyway.

fierceness

And i'm sure the density also depends on if...
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2003, 09:35:00 PM »
And i'm sure the density also depends on if you have a hydrated form of MDMA.  just take your powder, weigh out 100mg 5 or 6 times and see how much volume these 5 or 6 piles of powder take up -- they shouldn't be too different -- and take the average

Rhodium

Density
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2003, 03:27:00 PM »
just take your powder, weigh out 100mg 5 or 6 times and see how much volume these 5 or 6 piles of powder take up -- they shouldn't be too different -- and take the average

What is the purpose of doing that? It would be much better to sieve and homogenize the powder, and then measure once, with a larger volume.

Also note that the density of your MDMA will differ from batch to batch, even if you are using the same procedure.