Author Topic: My MDEA Experience  (Read 4241 times)

scram

My MDEA Experience
« on: March 02, 2001, 04:07:00 AM »
The cops showed up on my door the other day with a summons mentioning that someone locally used the following recipe for mdea success.
The note read as follows:

You are hereinwithin required to appear before the grand jury under oath and dignitiy to keep peace in the state of Arkansas as requested. The following clandestine lab syntheses is to be confirmed by you as required by the court:

180 ml 70% ethylamine was poured into 1qt cold ISA + MeOH (75%, 25%). MgS04 + NaS04 was added to the solution to remove all water. The drying agents were then decant off after several hours of falling to the bottom.
50g al was put in a 2liter flask with 1.5 litre clean IPA and allowed to amalgamate for 25 minutes with 400mg HgCl2. After which the 1.5 litre was discarded and replaced with the 700ml ISA and 300ml MeOH along with the 1 litre EtNh2 mix. It was heated for 5 minutes until warm and 95ml of undistilled ketone was dripped in while the reaction was heated by the hotplate at an increasing rate over 20 minutes. There was quite a few problems getting the stirring going; during the first 50 minutes at least 1/2 of that time was spent trying to get the stirring going again. It got so bad that the solution had to be dumped out in a large beaker in a better attempt to use a more suitable container for stirring. It was useless and only fucked things up more, half of the al clung to the bottom of the flask became exposed to raw air for a good 3 minutes during that time and lots of al fell on the floor instead. Finally after 1 hour of fighting it gave in and stirred well; ONLY on a Cole Parmer 6x6 Magnestir of which no piece of shit Corning could seem to handle. The reaction was run for a total of 3.5 hours from start of drip till the end of stirring. Dry Sodium hydroxide was intermitenly added to the stirring reaction to speed it up.  It was intended to run for 5 hours but the ol' bat had to come over my house calling me and asking to account where swim was, realizing that he was probably up to his old tricks again.
The unreacted al was filtered off and washed with MeOH, basified the mix, no sludge since tons of unreacted aluminum. The stuff was so strong of amonia it could seriously wake up someone in a coma. Extracted with 1.75 litre toluene and washed several times.

Crystallization:
 This part was really cool as it states that crystallization of mdea is so easy you really doubt what you have is legit. 60ml hcl was added until red, decanted off onto a preheated plate and slowly allowed to evaporate under a fan, reheated, fan, reheated, etc. At the point it got down to 50ml volume it was decided to check the consistency of the syrup at room temp. Well, while the stuff was cooling from almost boil to just under hot, no kidding, in less than 2 seconds, the whole liquid hardens so hard so fast that it actually epoxied itself (so to speak) to the pan where it had to be pried off with a flathead screw-driver. And despite it being able to hold massive amounts of water it still crystallized while hot!!!
Through my readings of the hive crystallization with mdma was not near this easy, mda being easier than mdma but still not a joke like this! The resulting chips of (hardened paint) are still pink sandstone color and need recrystallization. Its estimated that ~25-30% is going to be dead weight. Resulting total was 42g impure boulders expected to become 30g after cleanup.

BioAssay:
This stuff is awesome! Not so much different than mdma but noticable to the extent that the body high is 1.5 times more intence, you don't get as fucked up on it like you do mdma, and especially mda. It comes on very slowly and give a very nice slow ride up just a touch more euphoric than mdma and with a very speedy like affect, exactly the opposite of the bullshit on the net that it makes you relaxed. Who are these stupid fucks writing all that shit anyway? The buzz is not as long as mdma but definately better, comedown is much more rough however.

The ketone was done pop bottle style 7 hours pure 02, the funny thing is that the ketone was really weird smelling this time. Smelled exactly like Vick's vapor rub creme, that kind of white camphor like smell. Any comments on why. DCM was used this time for the extraction instead of the usual toluene.

scram

Re: My MDEA Experience
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2001, 12:25:00 AM »
The yield was way over estimated. I should have guessed that since the stuff was able to crystallize out within the presence of so much water with straight hcl added, that most of the weight of the impure crystal was more oil/water than actual product. That 30g estimate dropped down to 12.5g after using ether to clean up the dirty crap. Man, that solvent is kick-ass, it makes the crystalls really bulky, fluffy, but without a buchner the ether tends to stay locked up in the rocks for hours.

PolytheneSam

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2001, 05:15:00 PM »
I remember LaBTop posting something about using silica gell and not using MgSO4 or Na2SO4 when making the imine.

scram

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2001, 12:11:00 PM »
Cool, thanks for the advise. The weight of this EtNH2 was 80g/100ml, given there is only about 200ml of it left it must be using sparingly. It will be put into 3x cold MeOH next time with silica gel and drained off to eliminate water. Total cleaned up weight is 14g of final product which does major damage at 170mg dose. This stuff is much more painful to rail than mdma, burns forever.