Author Topic: LSA from HBWR  (Read 3169 times)

Dextrose

LSA from HBWR
« on: August 08, 2001, 08:48:00 AM »
I've been doing an extraction from HBWR a couple of times, first using Naphta and Methanol (first using rubbing alcohol, but quickly switched)... The result was some yellow gunk, that looked a bit glinsing when dried up - but worked out just fine...

Is there a way to purify the resulting gunk to crystals?
I've read something about washing with acetone - would that be an idea? What would the outcome be?

Thanks in advance

// Dex Trosé

Lilienthal

Re: LSA from HBWR
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2001, 09:52:00 AM »
Only chromatography would do the job  :)

goiterjoe

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2001, 03:29:00 PM »
I was reading an article the other day that the DEA believes there aren't any labs in the US that have ever produced LSD from LSA, but instead they all start from ET.  Does this sound viable, or are there some bees out ther who have actually produced LSD from LSA?

Drunk driving, that's what I like to do,
I like drunk driving with you.

cheesie

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2001, 11:46:00 AM »
there has been speculation about this all over the place and there are several posts regarding this, i would like to know as well!  MG seeds are pretty cool but i concede that we would need a ton of them for a feesible synth, oh well back to watching the blue trumpets bloom and die so the good stuff can arise! :(

IT AIN'T EASY BEIN' CHEESIE!

Dextrose

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2001, 05:43:00 AM »
Well, i'm def. not that experienced yet... I was thinking more like an A/B extraction to purify the product - or am i completely out of track?

// Dex Trosé

cheesie

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2001, 04:55:00 AM »
the problem is cocker that if u are going to utilise acetone for cleaning u r going to lose product!Why would u possibly want to clean it up? the amount is small so losing even a bit is a big loss...unless u r considering selling it as LSD thus increasing money in the bank (cheeky munky)!just eat the stuff after your evap. its a hell of alot easier.
an a/b is not needed, although it is good practice for later dreams. :-[

Talk to me munky.
Munky.
Talk to me!

Dextrose

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2001, 07:27:00 AM »
I'm not profit-oriented at all, but i would like to have some practice for later dreams. Besides AFAIK there are many other alkaloids than (iso-)LSA in the yellow gunk, so i figured an A/B-extract would clean it up to yield almost pure LSA?

Acetone is pretty aggressive, right? So would it be a stupid thing washing with that? Should any washing be performed at all?

// Dex Trosé