Author Topic: 1-(2,5-Dimethoxy-4-(CF3)phenyl)-2-aminopropane  (Read 3676 times)

pHarmacist

1-(2,5-Dimethoxy-4-(CF3)phenyl)-2-aminopropane
« on: April 27, 2003, 02:46:00 PM »
1-(2,5-Dimethoxy-4-(trifluoromethyl)phenyl)-2-aminopropane: A Potent Serotonin 5-HT2A/2C Agonist
David E. Nichols, Stewart Frescas, Danuta Marona-Lewicka, Xuemei Huang, Bryan L. Roth, Gary A. Gudelsky, J. Frank Nash;
J. Med. Chem.; 1994; 37(25); 4346-4351.

____ __ _

Full-text:

http://pharmacist8.tripod.com/para-CF3.pdf

yellium

Any plans to synth that compound?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2003, 03:00:00 PM »
Any plans to synth that compound?

pHarmacist

Yes, I'll try to find some time...
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2003, 03:06:00 PM »
I've got exams now, have no time to even use TFSE sometimes, but I'll try to synth it after this madness. hehe, have fun Yellium... -CF3 function always intrigued me...

yellium

Post 122784 : Are you sure?
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2003, 03:29:00 PM »

Post 122784

(dormouse: "Bromo-benzodifuranyl-isopropylamine  -Lilienthal", Serious Chemistry)
:

Are you sure? 2 weeks to get reasonably 'down' is a long time..

GC_MS

haha!
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2003, 06:20:00 PM »
Haha, yeah, two weeks is a long end...  ;)  I have the article here as well, but I regret the use of some expensive chemicals, especially for the trifluoromethylation. I have done some research in the library to find cheaper alternatives, but most searches were in vain. I had some ideas when I was doing the searching, but unless I can find my notes again, I can't give the exact details.
What intrigued me more about this substance was how and why it is that more potent, but also if there have been human trials. I don't know if the information from TFSE is reliable. Two weeks sounds alot. That is about 14 times longer then DOB  :) .

moo

I've got the impression that Drone liked to...
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2003, 10:49:00 PM »
I've got the impression that Drone liked to talk a lot. I'm not saying that I really knew anything about him but on the other hand I don't know how realiable his information on the subject is. Drug folklore is filled with myths, not least because of people who like to boast with them. Maybe it would be wiser to try 2C-TFM first and have a good supply of  downers on hand.

Reading this thread might be worth as well:

Post 263890

(poix: "alkylation of quinones", Novel Discourse)

Chimimanie

I second that
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2003, 11:43:00 PM »
I really dont think it stay this long, it could not be possible. I have no pharmaceutical knowledge, but I dont trust drone neither.

And yes, lets try 2C-TFM bee4.

Poix has got a good idea in that thread moo, it would bee great if some experimentation could bee done on this ;) .

8)

Rhodium

2C-TFM
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2003, 02:12:00 PM »
Rumor has it that 2C-TFM is more stimulating than the 4-halo analogs, and that the duration of action is around 12h. Unfortunately, I have no further details.