Author Topic: which non-reg essential oil has the most safrol  (Read 2695 times)

NedKelly

which non-reg essential oil has the most safrol
« on: November 02, 2003, 02:14:00 AM »
which non-regulated essential oil has the most safrol in it and has anyone every extracted it and wrote it up for we newbees

ned

Ziqquratu

Rhodium's page... TFSE
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2003, 04:56:00 AM »
Hey Ned, have a look at Rhodium's page.  First two links there, under MDMA/MDA, are:

Comprehensive Safrole FAQ

(https://www.thevespiary.org/rhodium/Rhodium/chemistry/safrolefaq.html)

Safrole from Plants

(https://www.thevespiary.org/rhodium/Rhodium/chemistry/3base/safrole.plants/index.html)

This probably has a lot of the info you're after, and I'm sure spending some time with TFSE would yeild more (you know, a search something along the lines of 'Safrole NOT Sassafras' may work... I don't guaruntee it, though, so think of your own terms!  Use boolean operators!)

nitrous351

safrole
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2003, 06:46:00 AM »
Ned, see now that's the problem. The Man knows that MDMA chemists use safrole as an easy starting material to get to the end product. That's why sassy is a heavily watched oil (because it contains so much safrole). There are other plants that contain appreciable amounts of safrole, but there essential oils are not commercially available... at least a friend of mine has searched far and wide for these oils and came up with nothing. If you know how to do a steam distillation of herbaceous plant matter, it might bee in your own interest to grow some plants. A good genus to look at is Piper (the peppers). The roots, stems, and leaves of this genus contain enough safrole that it's worth looking into. By the way, if anyone has found any of the oils I referred to, but hasn't posted it, please PM me and let me know! I know you're doing it for good reason (you don't want the Man to shut your sources down), and I promise on my soul I won't tell! Why must the Man hold us down??!!!??

Rhodium

Brown camphor oil contains 80% Safrole
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2003, 07:37:00 AM »
Brown camphor oil (not white camphor oil) contains high amounts of safrole, but I am not sure about the watchedness of that.

See these ancient threads:

Post 93054 (missing)

(Kris: "Re: Requesting A Camphor 1070 Discussion", Chemicals & Equipment)

Post 87075 (missing)

(Entropy: "White/Brown/Crude/1070 Camphor Oil", Chemicals & Equipment)

Post 88682 (missing)

(dpHarma: "Safrol from Camphor Oil", Chemicals & Equipment)

Post 162031 (missing)

(Cherrie Baby: "No Safrole in Camphor or Star Anise ???", Chemicals & Equipment)

DjTime

Watched oils.
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2003, 01:45:00 PM »
All oils rich in safrole are now listed chemicals.

http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/chem_prog/advisories/safrole.htm

SAFROLE AND SASSAFRAS OIL
ARE BEING USED IN THE ILLICIT MANUFACTURE OF MDMA
The Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) and state/local law enforcement authorities throughout the United States have noted an alarming trend involving illicit MDMA production. MDMA (Ecstasy) is a major drug problem in the United States. All businesses engaged in the sale of safrole and essential oils rich in safrole, such as, sassafras oil, "brown" camphor oil or camphor oil 1.070, also referred to as Chinese sassafras oil, should be aware of the use of these products by clandestine MDMA laboratory operators.

Criminal elements routinely use these List I chemicals in the illicit production of MDMA. DEA is aware that these criminals are searching, often over the Internet, for sources of supply for these List I chemicals.

This notice is being provided to:

Make you aware that safrole and essential oils rich in safrole, such as sassafras oil, and brown camphor oil or camphor oil 1.070, are List I chemicals;

Remind all distributors of these products that they must be registered with DEA, obtain identifying information from their customers, keep records, report suspicious orders to DEA, and "know their customer," to avoid unwittingly becoming a supplier to a clandestine MDMA laboratory;

Advise all distributors of these List I chemicals that it is unlawful for any person to possess or distribute a listed chemical knowing, or having reasonable cause to believe, that the listed chemical will be used to manufacture a controlled substance in violation of the Controlled Substances Act…21 U.S.C. 841(c)(2). Persons who violate 21 U.S.C. 841(c)(2) and/or the recordkeeping and reporting requirements are subject to criminal and/or civil penalties.

wisp

Sassafras root
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2003, 12:01:00 PM »
to make sassafras tea with is pretty widely available in bulk from small herbal stores....

Rhodium

Bad idea
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2003, 12:07:00 PM »
Even with a 1% essential oil content (dry root), can you estimate the price of safrole using that route?

wisp

But then
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2003, 12:09:00 PM »
i'd look rather sheepish... oh wait... :-[

Flippie

MDMA from Eugenol
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2003, 01:09:00 PM »
If safrol becomes difficult to obtain maybe it's time to change to eugenol. I don't think cloves (clove oil contains 98% eugenol) will be banned in the near future.  ;)

Check this out

https://www.thevespiary.org/rhodium/Rhodium/chemistry/eugenol.mdma.html

As you can see there's still some work to bee done.

homeslice

If the oils are being restricted, how pricy is
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2003, 12:37:00 PM »

hypo

wow!
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2003, 12:46:00 PM »
what an original question! impossible that anybody had asked it before!

( :P  :P  :P )

pickler

The days of getting sassy oil from an oil...
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2003, 12:57:00 PM »
The days of getting sassy oil from an oil dealer are gone. Everything with a decent amount of safrole in it is watched. Stockpiling sassy oil would have been a great idea. Swim is sure some bees have done this. ;)