Author Topic: Hydrocodone extraction?  (Read 1806 times)

Mr_E

Hydrocodone extraction?
« on: July 15, 2003, 05:02:00 PM »
I've got a few questions:
    First: I've been reading about chromic's cold water codeine extraction, and other methods like that, and was wondering if the same method (or a similar one) holds true for hydrocodone/acetaminophen tablets. Swim is a big pill head, but can't stomach the acetaminophen anymore. Swim's friend has a access to large amounts of Lorcet, so it would be worth while of it works.
    B: I've read lots of addicts bang oxycontin. Is this ok to do with just 40 mg tabs, or should it only be done with higher dose pills?
    And last: Why can't valium be insufflated? is there any way to make it snortable? Thanks for any info! :-[

tathra

la di da
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2003, 05:34:00 PM »
1.  a cold water extraction will work to remove any water soluable substance from a non-water soluable substance (such as opiates/opioids from apap).  think of this in the same way that some substances are soluable in polar solvents, while others are not and are soluable in nonpolar solvents (which is why acid/base extractions work so well; freebase alkaloids are not soluable in polar solvents, but they are in nonpolar, and most of the gunk you're trying to seperate them from are soluable in polar solvents, so you remove the nonpolar layer, then change it back into a salt, and since salts usually arent soluable in nonpolar, the crystals will crash out)

2.  you can bang anything you want, but the lower dose pills tend to have more garbage (binders/fillers/wax/etc) in them, which will do mass damage to your veins if constantly shot without careful preperation to remove the gunk.  unfortunately i do not know a good, easy way to prepare pharm pills for safe injection, so i cant offer you any help there.

3.  you cant snort benzos because they're not water soluable; they just plain cant cross your nasal membraine and enter into your system.  i've HEARD that diazapam citrate is water soluable (which would make it both snortable and easy to bang), but i have no real proof of this at this time.

Mr_E

aren't valium and diazapam the same chemical,...
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2003, 07:44:00 AM »
aren't valium and diazapam the same chemical, Benzodiazepine, so why would diazapam be soluable but valium not? and what does citrate mean? Swin's friend's got many many valium...at least it's a lil yellow tranquilizer with this bow-looking thing on one side, and some numbers on the other. No one else has any info on this?
    Also - You didn't answer my first question about the hydrocodone accurately...i'm a newbee (i know, i'm sorry :(). But is it possible to use the same or similar method as chromic's codeine cold water extraction as with hydrocodone? And does one need to use methanol to be able to evaporate quicker to get the powdered hydro (or even codeine, for that matter!). But thanks for the rest of the info

Mr_E

one more question. Swim himself has about 400...
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2003, 08:13:00 AM »

tathra

i'm going to assume you know next to nothing,...
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2003, 02:07:00 PM »
i'm going to assume you know next to nothing, eh?  ok, i'm a bit trashed at the moment (2ct7 IM... neat experience i tell you, but injecting psychedelics is WEIRD, to say the least), but i'll answer as best i can.

diazapam is the actual chemical name, valium is the brand name.  they are the same thing, essentially.  diazapam citrate would be a salt of diazapam, sorta like diazapam hcl, acetate, etc, you'd just be using citric acid instead of hcl or whatever else when converting from freebase to salt.

i dont think i've actually read the method you are referring to, but i'm sure it'd work just the same.  a lot of alkaloids share similar properties becuase well, they're alkaloids, and well, most alkaloids tend to act the same way in similar situations.

hopefully with a bit of research and educating yourself more, you can find all your answers rather easily :)