Author Topic: LAA storage  (Read 1586 times)

jethrolung

LAA storage
« on: October 13, 2001, 05:40:00 AM »
how long will LAA's in alcohol keep before they start breaking down?

also how fast should one expect effects if they are so inclined to do something as illegal as sipping such a solution?

cheesie

Re: LAA storage
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2001, 12:29:00 PM »
instant, alcohol(high percentage) will go straight through the mucus wall, hehehe instant journey, trust me! The problem with storing is like most lysergic acid derivatives they decompose easily so just eat the shit and trip your way to heaven! :-[

Talk to me munky.
Munky.
Talk to me!

paranoid

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2001, 11:02:00 PM »
SWIP keeps his in the freezer in a glass container.  Makes sense to him.

cyril

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2001, 01:58:00 AM »
The enemys of LAA
1.)Light
2.)Oxygen
3.)Temperature

So the best way to store it once you have it in the Alc. solution is in a amber flask, in the refrigerator, if you have the option charging the flask with an inert atmosphere, such as nitrogen is a nice touch.

To store under nitrogen:

Using a Schlenk flask

The sidearm on the Schlenk flask permits the user to pull a vacuum on the flask or to fill it with an inert atmosphere such as nitrogen. The ground glass joint is used to connect the flask to other apparatus or is plugged with a stopper or rubber septum.

The main technique used with a Schlenk flask is counterflow. For example, to attach an empty addition funnel to a Schlenk flask you:

Connect (using rubber tubing) the sidearm to a nitrogen manifold and bubbler.

Open the sidearm valve and turn up the nitrogen flow (watch the bubbler). Hold on to the stopper so it doesn't pop off by itself!

Remove the stopper from the flask. Nitrogen will flow through the side arm and out the joint, protecting the contents from air and water.

Place the addition funnel on the flask and allow the apparatus to purge completely with nitrogen.

Place a stopper in the top of the addition funnel and reduce the nitrogen pressure on the manifold. Leave the sidearm valve open to the nitrogen manifold and bubbler. Adjust the nitrogen flow so that the bubbler bubbles once every few seconds.

Your system is now assembled and under a slight positive pressure of nitrogen. If you wish, you can add liquid to your addition funnel using a syringe or cannula. You're on your way!

Anyhow sometimes I find going overboard is fun, because that way when the time comes that you NEED to do this sort of thing it's old hat.

Cyril

So you need a precursor, to a precursor, just to make a precursor?