Author Topic: Extracting DMT's  (Read 4206 times)

baalchemist

Extracting DMT's
« on: October 25, 2001, 04:03:00 AM »
Curious if any bees have tried a soxhlet extraction of rootbarks with ph 1-2>H2O or a butane extraction to
obtain the goods.

GODISNOWHERE

akata

Re: Extracting DMT's
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2001, 04:30:00 AM »
swia attempted a butane without any success

The big cheeses have got the red names

akata

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2001, 04:31:00 AM »
Not to say butane extractions don't work btw, just not on the one swia tried with MHRB

foxy2

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2001, 07:57:00 AM »
Water should work even if its not acidifyed since the DMT will be a salt.

I don't see how any nonpolars could work as a primary extraction, how would you baseify?  Maybee the solventless A/B someone mentioned for extraction pills would work??

Do Your Part To Win The War

kurupira

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2001, 02:57:00 AM »
i tried an ethanol extract but my condenser seems not to work ok. And the amount of water used to 6 hours extraction is astronomic to me!
and i don't think butane will extract alkaloids salts but it is a good deffat for a 1st step.

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

akata

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2001, 07:42:00 AM »
MeOh and EtOH are excellent solvents for MHRB extractions, quick to evap.

swia evaps the MeOH extract in pyrex to dryness and then adds some dH2O and a splash of acid and redissolves. runs spoon on pyrex to  get all the crust off and heats water to help, this is all then poured straight  in beaker for a/b.

Brain orgasm

btw what do you need a condensor for if you are evapping the EtOH extract?

paranoid

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2001, 03:25:00 PM »
How successful would an MeOH only extraction of DMT be for smokable purposes if allowed to dry?  I've read the extracted material can be pretty gummy, but not sure how bad.  Would it be mostly suitable for oral consumption with ones favorite MAO inhibitor (i.e. harmala alkaloids)?

akata

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2001, 05:45:00 PM »
An MeOH extract is not in itself smokable(althtough fine for harmaline/mhrb extract caps, ya just have ta eat enuff of them) , its still only about 2% purity (if that), an a/b must be done, no two ways about it for a smokable product

paranoid

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2001, 01:23:00 AM »
Fair enough.  Just curious.  Frankly DMT kinda scares me, but never having tried it it's hard to say.

Ghost_Of_BT

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2001, 06:30:00 PM »
I'm not sure that ethhanol is as effective as methanol. A methanol extraction left the MHRB less pink colored (if I remember correctly) than an extraction with ethanol. I'm not sure if this is a sighn that not all the DMT was taken up or it was just some extra crap that wasn't.

terbium

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2001, 07:09:00 PM »
Frankly DMT kinda scares me, but never having tried it it's hard to say.
As with other psychedelics the intensity of the effects varies greatly with dosage. You can smoke a small amount of DMT and get strong visuals while still maintaining a sense of reality.

Ghost_Of_BT

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2001, 08:50:00 PM »
Whats nice about DMT is it's short duration. If you ever start freaking out, you know that it's almost over. I just had a trip that made every other expirence look like nothing.

chemictor

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2001, 05:52:00 PM »
Here is a good beginner's guide on the subject, if any of you haven't already seen it...

http://www.spiritplants.com/articles/DMT.htm

(http://www.spiritplants.com/articles/DMT.htm)