Author Topic: DMT extraction recrystallization /purification  (Read 9670 times)

awepittance

DMT extraction recrystallization /purification
« on: July 15, 2001, 04:09:00 AM »
someone i met the other day told me that when following the quantum tantra DMT extraction guide from Mimosa hostillis they extracted almost pure crystals the first 2 times, but the third time following the same process extracted a thick oil that did not crystallize but was still very active. Every time he has extracted since he has ended up with an oil and not a crystal. He can not figure out what he has done wrong. Could it be due to the fact that his sep funnel was not totally cleaned or that he was using a rubber dropper to suck out the naptha? It seems to me that naptha slightly corrodes rubber. How would he purify this oil or convert it into crystal DMT freebase?
Also what is the quickest and most efficient way to evaporate off remaining naptha to reveal DMT crystals?
He usually just puts fan blowing above a glass baking dish, but sometimes it takes too long.

sdgshgqery34t234ty6b435v23aastdssdtdsdssaasdfghjkl;'zxcvbnm,./poiuytrewq

akata

Re: DMT extraction recrystallization /purification
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2001, 05:49:00 AM »

How would he purify this oil or convert it into crystal DMT freebase?

So what do you think the oil contains? Now think about it, you made your MHRB water soluble by addition of acid and then you basified it into a freebase into your solvent...evaporated the solvent and got left with DMT freebase and some other stuff that looks like ear wax 0 but which still sends you to 'the other place'

Try a cold water rinse, although personally I think DMT is such a wonderful and rare ( in my neck of the woods) compound I'd be hesitant in losing any down the drain - unless of course you've got shitloads of it!

You prolly do more harm to your lungs crossing a busy city street anyway

Lilienthal

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2001, 04:33:00 AM »
DMT usually has a waxy consistency due to it's low melting point (around 40°C). Real crystals are highly unlikely.

yellium

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2001, 12:50:00 PM »
Even DMT.HCl has a waxy feel.

Rhodium

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2001, 04:36:00 PM »
DMT HCl? Shulgin states that the hydrochloride of DMT is almost impossible to form. How did you do it?

Is there a salt of DMT that readily forms nice white crystals?

https://www.rhodium.ws

yellium

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2001, 04:51:00 PM »
If I recall correctly,you get a solid white product almost directly, but is only a bit more solid than the freebase. OTOH, it could well be that I'm mistaken, since I made some DPT in that time frame too, and it is more than a year ago when I did those synths.

GhEttoKheM

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2001, 05:46:00 PM »
not sure about the look of these crystals, but they do have a higher melting point than the 'crystals' merck10 mentions;mp44.6-46.8 pKa8.68(ethanol-water).
  Picrate-mp 169.5-170
  methiodide-mp 216-217
CAUTION may produce serious psychologic disturbances. hehehehe.

utmost thanks and respect to all who helped put the new hive here.

Lilienthal

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2001, 07:44:00 PM »
I'm pretty sure that it's oxalate is a good to handle powder. But it's not the best choice for consumption.

Ghost_Of_BT

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2001, 08:42:00 PM »
I think those big ass crystals are grown by taking a super saturated solution and dropping in seed crystals. Yah, I think its retarded to take a month extrating 4 doses. Imagine if you spilled!

Lilienthal

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2001, 09:08:00 PM »
The carbonate may also be a good idea. Tryptamine bases usually form carbonates on prolonged exposure to air.

weasil

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2001, 09:45:00 PM »
Is this real? If yes then why are you even bothering with the hippy plant extraction?

In a 500 mL RB flask, 6.38 g crushed NaOH, 0.3 g benzyl triethyl ammonium chloride, and 150 mL DCM are combined, and allowed to stir at room temperature for 15 minutes. 5 g of tryptamine are added, and the mixture is allowed to stir
for 1 hour. 11 g MeI is added, and the solution is allowed to stir overnight. The next day, the solution is checked via TLC for completion, the inorganic material is filtered out, extracted with DCM, and discarded. The solution is
combined with the DCM washing, and is washed with H2O. It is then dried over MgSO4, and the solvent is evaporated off, yielding the final product (DMT).
Yield: 98%

Buster_Hymen

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2001, 09:58:00 PM »
Is that Drone's "Breath of Hope" (er, Hoax?) synth, the one that nobody could ever reproduce?

Pardon if I don't have my facts straight...

\\\///
   ô¿ô    Signatures are for weenies. I don't believe in them.
   \O/
    ''''

Ghost_Of_BT

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2001, 10:06:00 PM »
I realy want to know whether or not drone's method works.

Lilienthal

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2001, 11:38:00 PM »
It's a hoax. UTFSE  :) .

foxy2

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2001, 12:40:00 AM »
Ummm
What about the ethanolamine conversion of the quanternary ammonium salt to the tertiary amine?

This has only been mentioned in rather offhand remarks.  Well at least what I have found.  Has anyone tried this?

Do Your Part To Win The War

Ghost_Of_BT

« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2001, 01:46:00 AM »
What about drone's method for decarboxylation of tryptophan?

weasil

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2001, 05:31:00 AM »
Is drone a lying rat?

Bwiti

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2001, 10:53:00 AM »
"The carbonate may also be a good idea. Tryptamine bases usually form carbonates on prolonged exposure to air."

Or, if you want it quick, you could drop the freebase into a flask of dry ice. If it works on meth-freebase, then I can't see why it wouldn't work on tryptamines.
  In the book, "Psychedelic Chemistry", Michael V. Smith says that if tryptophan is oxidized with H2O2 and cyclised with HCl, a psychedelic compound is created. He said that the original reference didn't give details, and didn't even tell what the fuck was created.
  :P

I'm going to help all of you cleanse this diseased planet.

terbium

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2001, 08:50:00 PM »

In the book, "Psychedelic Chemistry", Michael V. Smith says that if tryptophan is oxidized with H2O2 and cyclised with HCl, a psychedelic compound is created.

As Osmium mentioned in one of your other recent threads, "Psychedelic Chemistry" by M.V. Smith is not to be trusted; too many things that are nothing more than a pipe dream.

Bwiti

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2001, 11:09:00 AM »
"Psychedelic Chemistry" by M.V. Smith is not to be trusted; too many things that are nothing more than a pipe dream."

Yes, I'm getting the impression that he's more full of shit than Uncle Fester, but one could always use his book to find the original references. One could always search through patents at

http://gb.espacenet.com/

. That's where I found that ephedrine --> phenylacetone synth. Peace! 
8)

I'm going to help all of you cleanse this diseased planet.