Site > News

Almost thought we died there.

(1/4) > >>

d00d:
Was about to host a forum from my home planet in-case the vesp really did die.

Wasn't going to mod it or admin it or anything, but it would be there. Bulletproof-ish.

ego:
I was beginning to mourn the loss of this incredible resource. Really puts into perspective the value of what we have here.

What would it take to backup the entire website? Where do we reconvene if it really does die?  :-\

d00d:
I was planning out the resurrection as soon as I thought it was gone.

I think significant cost savings, better performance, new forum software (FOSS) and anonymity can be had.  Paying in Monero's for your domain and VPS is cool.

Glad old faithful came back up.  Should be taking weekly snapshots of the server and putting them on an S3 bucket storage solution in case the domain or hosting takes a shit again.  But a revamp with some of the newer forum software would be cool, they have one that automatically translates RUS -> ENG so we can finally become one with the hyperlab.

Food for thought

AustralisAlchemy:

--- Quote from: ego on November 03, 2022, 01:32:25 AM ---I was beginning to mourn the loss of this incredible resource. Really puts into perspective the value of what we have here.

What would it take to backup the entire website? Where do we reconvene if it really does die?  :-\

--- End quote ---
I plan on writing an open source vesp scraper and outputting the data in a Json format which can be incorporated in any different project.

spice:
You should all move forward on your ideas, there will come a time when they will be necessary, mark my words

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version