Author Topic: T to DMT/DET/DPT  (Read 7603 times)

halfapint

Re: T to DMT/DET/DPT
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2000, 02:00:00 PM »
Tetralin is made by the catalytic hydrogenation of naphthalene. No specific synth details have caught my eye lately though. I can find old style moth balls.

turning science fact into << science fiction >>

baalchemist

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2000, 01:15:00 PM »
Here's another for you guys;
Tet. Lett. 3, 261 1973 B.L. Sondengram e.a.
Formaline(35%,35mmol) was added with strong stirring to a solution of tryptamine(primary amine) 3 mmol in methanol(10 ml) and the solution was refluxed for 30 min. After cooling
400mg NaBH4 was added slowly. After 1 hour the reaction was evaporated and the mixture was extracted with CHCL2. Evaporation yields
Dimethyl-tryptamine,85%
Also have another that uses ZnCl2,paraformaldehyde,Primary or secondary amine,in CH2CL2. NaBH4 reduced also. SWIM has been contemplating the Tet. synth, seems to be a relatively simple way to get there.

Lilienthal

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2000, 07:09:00 PM »
::)  They are not methylating tryptamines but holafebrine (-analogs)!!! Thats a BIG difference. With tryptamines you have poor yields due to cyclization to beta carbolines.

SPHYBRID

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2000, 03:08:00 AM »
Hey iudexk,

Last summer I did a paper on the pharmokinetics, synthesis and metabolism of the tryptamine analog zomig. It is a migraine medication that has the DMT moiety in it. If you look on beilstein it will give the partial preperation of zomig and I noticed it involved a tryptamine to bufotenine rxn with formaldehyde. I do not remember the pathway but it will give you a start. I think it gives a reference to a journal where they gave a detailed description of the rxn. I thought it was quite interesting even though tryptamines are out of my program now. I believe that it is possible that you can have pretty high yields though other routes would possibly give higher but if you got a ton of tryptamine handy well there you go. I believe that tryptamine isn't to hard too produce from tryptophan. And beta-carbolines can be fun 8)  My uncle said that he could get pure tryptophan for his pigs by the bucket cause that is one of the nutrients that corn is missing. I bet it would be cheap but it wouldn't be approved for human use. But how much of the stuff that we use really is anyway 8)  Might want to clean it up if you happen to get your hands on a bunch of it anyway. Take my advice and check beilstein. Ironically my school has beilstein available in every computer cluster around the whole campus. Kinda makes me wonder cause there aren't that many chem majors at my school. Before I went to school there I always went in and used their computers, anyone can go in and use them.

SPHYBRID