Author Topic: GABA ---> NaGHB in layman's terms  (Read 7696 times)

JonnyDanger

Yes, thank you Chromic.
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2003, 10:43:00 AM »
Yes, thank you Chromic. Thats why it says DISTILL off the DCM, not boil it off into the air... its quite nasty. BUT!!! I must say, SWIM has tried this process a few times now and has never gotten a product worth writing home about. Whenever SWIM has ingested what this synth makes, it feels like taking maybe 1 and 1/2 caps of normal potency GHB (1.5 grams powder) no matter how much SWIM ingests... which leads SWIM to believe that this process might in fact be producing beta hydroxybutyric acid, not GAMMA hydroxybutyric acid... I know that beta butyrolactone is a known carcinogen but do not know that much about beta hydroxybutyric acid but I dont think it can be very good for you... but I actually have no idea what im talking about and could very well be completely wrong, but it my guess (and it is only a guess) that the reason it always tastes wierd is b/c thats how beta hydroxybutyric acid is supposed to taste... and since finding a otc source of GBL, SWIM has no use for this synth so hasnt worked on it any further... but please, do not msg me asking for SWIMS source b/c I can not give it to you. Even though SWIM is one of the biggest GHB advocates you will ever meet, and would love to give the source out to everyone, he can not knowing that some of you ppl might be undercover piggy pigs. Just do some research for yourself!!! Eventually you will come across it, and if you do, msg me and I'll tell you if youve found the right stuff and what to do with it once you have. Live long and prosper.

Chromic

Definitely GBL
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2003, 10:52:00 PM »
This stuff is definitely GBL. It boiled at the right temperature and also put me into a coma fully reminiscent me of what lab-grade stuff used to do for me. You're absolutely right about the taste--there is something completely wrong with the odor. The GBL also tasted "sour" which was very odd.

carcrash

Adding a wash or 2?
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2003, 07:48:00 AM »
What about adding a baking soda wash then salt wash to the dcm mixture as step 9.5 before distillation?

I am guessing a trace of unreacted sulfuric acid or impurties in it is coming over.

Rhodium

sulfuric acid won't distill at that temp
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2003, 05:21:00 PM »
No, sulfuric acid doesn't come over at that temperature unless the distillation fails through exessive bumping and things splash over into the reciever from the distillation flask, in which case you need to start over anyway.

chiliuno

i have access to some analytical equipment,...
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2003, 08:38:00 AM »
i have access to some analytical equipment, and i've got a fellow cook for a ta in a spectroscopy lab i'm taking; i'll order reagents by the end of the weekend, synth sometime shortly after, and will have a detailed analysis by next fri. morning in all likelyhood.
i'm still new to the game; is there anything specific i need to ask, or do i just bring a sample to the ta?

Chromic

GC/MS
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2003, 07:53:00 AM »
We need someone with access to GC/MS to run a sample of the product... stay in school chiliuno...

shockwave

A Few Changes Needed
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2003, 09:51:00 PM »
A. Gloves should be worn throughout the entire process. This is obvious but some people might not be so intelligent.

B. Sulfuric acid needs to be handled with extreme care even when not being used in conjunction with other materials. Again, very self evident.

C. DCM is very hazardous also. Even on "Safe Surfaces" it will still leave marks.

D. For .5 mol synths, 250 ml of dcm (5 shakes at 50 ml) will yield 31 ml of crude and 500 ml (5 shakes at 100 ml) of dcm will yield 34 ml. 10% increase

E. Propane distillation of dcm will decide which amount of dcm to use. 250 ml will require 30 mins and 500 ml will require 45 mins.

F. DCM returns will be very low or distillation will take a long amount of time unless a proper distill setup is arranged. One may use a coil condenser. With a regular condenser and a ice bath set up, 30 mins for 250 ml of dcm and 45 mins for 500 ml of dcm is required. 15-20% dcm loss is around the average attained.

G. Ph Balencing with NAOH is no joke. The steam is dangerous.

When reading this thread, one may think it is very simplistic. It's not. I weap for the amount of damage done to a person's home. Sulfuric acid eats through everything. Old clothes will become trash. Nitrite and NAOH will discolor skin easily. DCM will do worse. And people who use propane will sometimes forget the amount of Carbon Monoxide produced.

Bottom Line: Cuts Heal, Chicks Dig Scars, and Glory Lasts Forever

Never Speed Up The Process. Even if bubbles are not visible, they are still there. If a clear reagent grade sulfuric is used, it will be evident. You may receive a high yield but it will be crap. Do it right