Author Topic: All dressed up and no place to go... eugenol?  (Read 3246 times)

nautilus

All dressed up and no place to go... eugenol?
« on: June 04, 2004, 12:04:00 AM »
Dear bees, and specifically, dear ueber-bees (Rhodium, Chromic, Labtop, psychokitty, Brightstar, Dr Drool.. you know who you are. I'm not going to say queen-bees, that might be misunderstood  :P  ),

I have a request, which if granted, I am sure will give all us Eurobeeans orgastic happiness and everlasting gratitude to the providers of the answer! No really.

Because you see, there is no access to safrol for us. So I have all this wonderful stuff.. glassware, stands, heater, solvents, chemicals, real nice 2nd hand 0.1 mg scale, tubing and all the rest, all ready to make some E, only _then_ to find out that the wonderful recipies on the Rhodium site are a bit older than 2004  :o . I didn't check out the Hive until not too long ago.  :-[

The request, the wish, the dream...

can you post a photo-essay or newbee-cook-level description on how to go from Eugenol to E, or (of course) to a precursor from where we can continue in another recipy?

You'll make the world a better place ! (but you already knew that)

nautilus

ApprenticeCook

theres several synths on rhodiums site for...
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2004, 07:13:00 AM »
theres several synths on rhodiums site for eugenol coversion  to safrole, utfse will find shitloads of threads on it but as far as swim knows theres no photo-assay yet... why not just use the detailed docos in text? and make the photo assay for the hive to see your work and share.

eXcidium

This is the best route
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2004, 01:47:00 PM »
Here mate. check this

It's the best route to use Eugenol

https://www.thevespiary.org/rhodium/Rhodium/chemistry/methylenation.html

nautilus

hmmm
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2004, 02:34:00 AM »
ApprenticeCook,
sounds like a challenge  :)  I'll take it!

eXcidium,
thanks, that's what swin was looking for! The title is a bit cryptic, so swin didn't recognize it for what it was until you pointed it out.

Swin'll bee back

eXcidium

TFSE
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2004, 02:59:00 AM »
That's why the TFSE is good :)

If you had used it, you would have found the link easy

ApprenticeCook

GREAT! its always good to have a photo-assay,...
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2004, 03:04:00 AM »
GREAT!

its always good to have a photo-assay, if you know your chemistry you would be able just to do it from text but its always nicer to have a few pictures to re-assure you of its looks at various steps...
That would remove some of the threads around here "is this what its meant to look like?".....

Come back with a photo assay of eugenol --> safrole and it would be worth your while.

homeslice

I was really looking into this method with the
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2004, 03:28:00 AM »
I was really looking into this method with the demethylation, but for right now i dont have time to fuck around with it. It seems like a very straight forward and simple synthesis that can be scaled up.

Post 451672

(Rhodium: "Novel Oxidative Demethylation of Eugenol", Novel Discourse)

Read the sources that Rhodium points out about SIBX. Not only are they very informational but they're understandable and pretty interesting to say the least.

I dont think this method is getting or has gotten enough attention. Unfortunately, im unable at the time to test it out, even with most of the components collected.  :(  

Its not listed on that methylation page but maybe it should bee  :)