Author Topic: MDA by Al/Hg reduction of MDP2P Oxime  (Read 2221 times)

Pots

MDA by Al/Hg reduction of MDP2P Oxime
« on: July 20, 2004, 07:41:00 AM »
I've failed on several occasions with Antibody's recipe. I figure that in order to save on chemicals I have only been working at 10% scale until I have a win. Apart from that I have stuck strictly to the recipe. I can't help wondering whether by scaling everything down to 10% I've fucked it up. Would appreciate some tips on the matter.

El_Zorro

Tip #1: Give some actual details on your ...
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2004, 08:23:00 AM »
Tip #1:

Give some actual details on your experience so that someone can start to think about what might have gone wrong.  I don't think anybody here can read minds.

ApprenticeCook

Give us the actual amounts in the synth and...
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2004, 07:49:00 PM »
Give us the actual amounts in the synth and the amounts you have used, the step by step what it says and if you have done ANYTHING different describe it, such as rxn time, temp...
Tell us what colours, smells you had etc... every detail you can give us will help get a quicker and mroe accurate answer to your problems.

-AC

Pots

MDA by Al/Hg reduction of MDP2P Oxime
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2004, 11:35:00 PM »
Thanks for your help guys buy I figured out where I fucked up. It's OK to scale everything down to do a smaller scale reaction but if u scale down the Hg2Cl2 also it won't be enough to activate the Al. It's pretty obvious to me now but I spent days fucking around making the same mistake until until I finally got it right.

Antibody2

8-)
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2004, 02:23:00 PM »
8)