Author Topic: Super-expensive Ecstasy is probably not even MDMA in New Zealand  (Read 10406 times)

Offline thewire

• Dominant Wasp
Super-expensive Ecstasy is probably not even MDMA in New Zealand
« on: November 04, 2016, 07:25:54 PM »
Super-expensive Ecstasy is probably not even MDMA in New Zealand (2016)

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/health/80956406/Super-expensive-Ecstasy-is-probably-not-even-MDMA-in-New-Zealand

Kiwis are paying up to four times what Brits and Americans pay for MDMA or Ecstasy - and they're probably not even getting the real thing.

New data from the Global Drug Survey (GDS) released on Tuesday showed MDMA, also known as Molly, Eckies, and Ecstasy, had a growing base of users in New Zealand, with 13 percent of respondents claiming to have used it in the last year, up from 10 percent in 2015.

About 7000 New Zealanders took part in the survey, which was self-selecting.

New Zealand MDMA use is still far behind the global average in the survey of 30.5 percent. It's likely its high price and low quality contributed to this.

READ MORE:
*Drugs tested covertly at a NZ festival: 57 per cent not what partygoers expected
*ED doctor: John Key needs to do his homework on MDMA?
*Wellington man imported 7.3kg of drug dubbed "bath salts", worth up to $1.4m 

When sold as a powder, MDMA's average per gram price in New Zealand is reported at around $308, the highest in the world, and over four times more expensive than the global average price of $71.74, the GDS showed.

Kiwis also reported the quality of MDMA was going down, and that its "value for money" was low.

The only other country which came close to such prices was Australia, where the survey showed the price per gram was just below $250. In 16 of the 20 countries surveyed, the price was below $100.

"My guess is that MDMA is more expensive because most MDMA is domestically produced in Australia or New Zealand; just like almost everything else is more expensive here than in Europe or the US, due to small populations and a small market," economist Luke Chu said.
"MDMA is of a lower risk than flacca and bath salts and all these other new ones that are out there."
Supplied

"MDMA is of a lower risk than flacca and bath salts and all these other new ones that are out there."

"Since it is illegal, there is no international trade to bring foreign competition to lower the price."

Despite the price disparity, experts suspect most of the "MDMA" is in fact some other cheaper-to-produce drug, such as methalone, methadrone, or alpha-PVP. These drugs are generally known to bring on a rougher high than MDMA, with a "speedy" rather than euphoric effect.

"On a self-reported survey it's very likely that many respondents will have indicated that they have taken MDMA when they were almost certainly using something else," Keith Bedford, the general manager of ESR said. ESR analyse drugs seized at the border and in stings.

"Actual MDMA is comparatively rare," Bedford said.

Director of the NZ Drug Foundation Ross Bell said he did not think people actually knew what they were taking.

"I don't believe anyone in NZ knows what the state of MDMA is."

A new generation of psychoactive substances gained prominence soon after a global MDMA shortage in the late 2000s, which was brought on by greater regulation of a rare tree which produces a chemical critical for its manufacture. Some of these substances were temporarily legal in New Zealand under the psychoactive drugs regime.

Despite the prevalence of other powdered drugs, Kiwis were among the least likely in the world to report they had used "mystery white powder" in the GDS, with only two percent of respondents indicating use in the last year. This category was set up specifically to deal with unclear and new substances.

Bell suspected New Zealanders were reluctant to admit the drugs they had used were in fact not MDMA - even in an anonymous online survey - because they had paid so much for them.

"They don't want to admit that they've been ripped off," Bell said.

DANGEROUS ALTERNATIVES

Yet the other substances being sold as MDMA are likely to be more dangerous.

Wellington emergency doctor Paul Quigley last year called for pure MDMA to be legalised, in order to keep more dangerous substances like alpha-PVP from gaining prominence.

The idea did not appear to gain any immediate traction, but Bell said associate health minister Peter Dunne had not ruled it out.

"MDMA is of a lower risk than flacca and bath salts and all these other new ones that are out there. I thought [Quigley's] argument was sound," Bell said.

GDS respondents indicated that they were in much more danger obtaining MDMA than taking it.

Less than one per cent (0.4) of self-reported MDMA users said they had sought medical help to deal with the effects of the drug, while 4.7 percent reported being "exposed to violence" while buying the drug.

"If you look at what we attempted with the Psychoactive Substances Act, the core argument of that act, which was passed by Parliament, was to regulate the sale of low risk drugs," Bell said.

"The idea would be that people would substitute black market drugs for lower risk legal drugs."

Bedford said that even trusted "brands" of pills could change from one batch to the next.

"We've tested different tablets with the same symbol and the contents have been completely different," Bedford said. "It's a fast moving scene out there."

"You're playing Russian Roulette in buying tablets or capsules sold in an illegal market. Because there really is no quality control on this stuff. You really can have no confidence in what you're buying."

* You can take part in a follow-up mini-GDS survey here.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 09:01:25 PM by thewire »

Offline hamsterbob

• Subordinate Wasp
Re: Super-expensive Ecstasy is probably not even MDMA in New Zealand
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2016, 04:19:45 PM »
Um lol lies! the street price around $350 200 to 250 wholesale depending on the quality. by the time you factor global exchange rate vs price internationally plus alittle on top verse the actual size of the population and users.But hey if you can hock New Zealand up please summer nearly here..Iam sure there skunky clear white rocks with a tint of pink slightly amethyst if you look hard enough.I say what most MDMA in new zealand at the moment seems to bee the brown coppery cola rocks every kid in towns got it.There is heaps of darknet bust going down at the moment to most seem under 25yrs alot of 8+ sentences. At the start of the year 40 people got warning's from timaru to dunedin by the custom officer.Id say most of it comes by the net even those New Zealand is heavy Gang run. Most of there cliental just want to smoke meth so it hard for gangster to push vs kids who get it online.. By the way fuck lies people who lie about what drugs they got  are fuckwits Iam sure it international too.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 04:50:06 PM by hamsterbob »

Offline hamsterbob

• Subordinate Wasp
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2016, 04:54:53 PM »
There also scheduled trials running at the university of otago in the next few years.Also at a psychward in the same town intermuscular low dose Ketamine therapy for PTSD an depression.The Uni is expecting to pay $250000 for it first kg.There was even a push to make MDMA legal by a doctor in the North Island early this year.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 05:01:27 PM by hamsterbob »

Offline thewire

• Dominant Wasp
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2016, 05:48:38 PM »
I say what most MDMA in new zealand at the moment seems to bee the brown coppery cola rocks every kid in towns got it.

That brown thing is bk -mdma aka methylone.The situation is the same in the EU. Methylone  is sold as MDMA.   

Offline hamsterbob

• Subordinate Wasp
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2016, 02:13:17 PM »
I think it could be a mix comes up mid -weak on testers have you ever check the erowid vault for methylone? Heaps of article on a product cause ease that was legal back in the day in NZ it was a mix of methylone and ethylone Id say there a massive stock pile still from the bzp days(Matt Bowden)..Still tails of farmer with massive drums that a long forgotten in there wool sheds.Six million pills got caught up at auckland harbour port being legally returned from the states.apartly BZP and Coke make shit flake maybe methylone? I notice that MDMA and Ethylone mix's where sorta yellowish.Still there some mean MDMA floating about.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 02:17:57 PM by hamsterbob »

Offline NeonCortex

• Subordinate Wasp
    • Sci-Hub
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2016, 09:01:41 AM »
 :o

Prices in northwestern Europe are lower than ever. Consumer price on high quality MDMA is about NZ$50 / €35 per gram here. Quite a difference!  ;D
Scientific articles accessible to everyone - as they should be!
sci-hub.st

Offline hamsterbob

• Subordinate Wasp
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2016, 02:02:53 PM »
 "face palms"

Offline dedihetz

• Larvae
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2018, 10:38:19 PM »
Plenty of real MD on the Facebook groups up in Auckland, grams and import NL pills, but too little too late IMHO, so much meth around its actually hard for these fullas to move any MD as everyone's on the no sleep buzz over here

Offline chip

• Larvae
  • a little bit more
    • dopetalk / DAU
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2018, 05:31:24 AM »
au contraire

source: https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/health/2018/01/dangerously-strong-batch-of-ecstasy-going-around.html

Dangerously strong batch of ecstasy going around [10/01/2018]

an excerpt:

"This season we've seen several pills weighing up to 580mg in which the main ingredient is MDMA, suggesting potentially two to three times the average dose," Ms Allison wrote.
Server Admin for dopetalk/DAU

Offline LucidOne

• Larvae
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2018, 05:38:32 PM »
okay let me break this down.. I didn't bother to read it but im pretty sure I know why everyone's confused here,

for 1, no one knows about pill pressing, and the person who wrote the article especially is clueless, like most news people are with drug news.

Average ecstasy pill is 45-35% Active Per weight of the pill  these percent of active content can range as far as 55% active, ofcourse down to 0% active ( duh.) but down to 25% on actual doses.  Super presses like this pill is are typically pressed fatter and heavier to stabilize the massive amount of crystalline substance inside of it AKA MDMA.

Its not some " legendary mdma" from what it sounds like, It just sounds like its Dangerous doses .. Aka lets do some math here

580 mg pill at 50% active MDMA content =  290 mg pill    --- Pretty realistic for what is known to be out there . but clearly an unsafe dose.

a 580 mg pill at a 35% active content would make it a 203 mg dose,

so as you can see at this pill weight and modern pill making techniques the max this pill could have inside of it is, 55% mdma, which is 319mg of MDMA.

You will also typically find a noticeable dosage spread on XTC pills due to their unnaturally high concentration of active content for a pill, which is very uncommon for most pills.  Most real pills have a very low active content to compressible pill medium which makes accuracy / uniformity of dose much easier. The more active % you have the spread you witness will effect the dosage on your pills.   

So on a pill thats 50% active the difference of 40-60MG(total pill weight) per press, is the difference if 20-30MG increased or less dose. Most pills xtc have a spread of aprox. 20mg active content. if you see a dose thats 200mg, it probably ranges from 180-200mg or 200-220mg typically.

I hope these texts help shed some light on the inner workings of the basics of how xtc pills are mixed as far as active/nonactive ratios go. I know these infos isnt something that is easy to find or readily available.

Offline fuckyou

• Pupae
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2018, 12:43:07 AM »
i am thinking whats these color impurities in the mdma on the streets today, the pure mdma is colorless or white crystals, the molly on the streets is orange/black and people seems to like the black version more. I have tryed both and enjoyed them prety well, but mdma now just give me very strong type of depression and mental illnes, no positive effects at all. I remember i have tried smoking this street mdma but they was some type of unsmokable like heavily cutet, there was some cut that was not smokable, it is memories before 2y, when i was molly maniac, now just worring what i have taken, and as i see the same stuff comes over.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 07:11:04 PM by fuckyou »

Offline chip

• Larvae
  • a little bit more
    • dopetalk / DAU
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2018, 10:49:54 AM »
why are you experiencing negative effects ?

i haven't used MDMA in many, many years but the sensation was always most enjoyable.

i loved the nystagmus - always fun !

still, too much of a good thing ...
Server Admin for dopetalk/DAU

Offline Tyler Durden

• Larvae
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2018, 12:20:30 PM »
why are you experiencing negative effects ?

Usually a symptom of having had too much in the past. After repeated abuse, many drugs display a 'reverse phenomenon'.
A condition where they can cause the effects they used to alleviate.

Yes, too much of a good thing     ;)