Author Topic: noob question on curbshot nano  (Read 5735 times)

kurtz

noob question on curbshot nano
« on: July 22, 2004, 11:31:00 AM »
Hi all - i'm a newbee going to try a first nano but as i'm not from the us i want to be sure not to spoil it only because of missunderstandings:

I want to perform as a first try curbshot's meth nano and as household products sometimes seem to differ in ingredients us to europe i'd like to know what the ingredient of charcoal lighter in the us would be?

Also i'd like to know if ephedrine could be used in this instead of pfed, i got through many posts but i'm still not sure if it would make any difference.

i know that it must sound ridiculous, but i'm still feeling weird from that acetone and could use a little feeling of success ...  :)

oh - one more: what happens to red phosporous when letting it soak in actone for too long? after washing the scraped stuff in HCL i soaked it in acetone for a few days (i forgot it) and after that it was stinking like foul dogshit, absolutely disgusting ... does this mind anyhow?

NaXen

UTFSE
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2004, 11:43:00 AM »
acetone wont hurt the P
eph and pseudo are interchangable
'lighter fluid' is probably a NP solavnt, BUT

i would suggest spending some time reading through the excellent articles in the "Stimulants forum FAQ"... it'll answer all of your questions and make things crystal clear ;D

kurtz

Thank You! I know, i used the FSE very much -...
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2004, 12:16:00 PM »
Thank You!
I know, i used the FSE very much - i fear it is a little language problem, all this tech talk and slang confuses me ... sooner or later i will get it :)

It's just that i want to got through this first one as much 1:1 as possible - if i once get it done i can try variations, but if i never had success before i will possibly never find out what i did wrong when i fail!

Ok then i will try lighter fluid (the stuff to put in your zippo), i believe it's a np, too?

Thanks!

CharlieBigpotato

mix it w/ water
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2004, 12:28:00 PM »
seems you could test your np by mixing some (with carefully measured amounts; perhaps in a syringe) with some slightly colored water.
shake them around; see where the dividing line is...if its moved , the fuel layer is likely taking in some water, and might not bee suitable.

(i just made this up, but it seems logical)

good luck

NaXen

theres also a number of other (better?
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2004, 06:25:00 PM »
theres also a number of other (better?) NP solvents you could use, xylene and toluene are more aggressive and might serve you better

kurtz

Thanks! And one more to complete this
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2004, 11:40:00 AM »
Hey all, thank you very much for the hints - swim tried it with lighter fuel (naphta, i guess) and it worked!

After some fierce HCL battles (swim was giving too much HCL to get the meth out of the organic layer (? well, whatever, out of the Naphta and into the dH2O layer, as far as swim understood, and in one moment the whole stuff was from ph-10 or more down to ph 1 ...) ) in the end he got out maybe around half a gram of coarse grained little crystals, maybe of the size of coarse grained salt - but completely yellow to brown ...
After several times rinsing with ice cold Acetone they are still yellowish.
Is it possible that the colour are only residues of the acid (the product was also smelling very harsh acidic while drying) or has swim done something serious wrong? Maybe it isn't meth at all and all swim will get from it will be very, very free paranasal sinuses  ;) ??

Thanks for the help, maybe someone can give swim a completing hint?

(in the FSE i couldn't find anything about the colour of meth ... maybe wrong search criteria?)

ChemoSabe

A Curb Nano?
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2004, 12:24:00 PM »
Are you titrating (salting out) or gassing here?

How much did Curb say to use in his recipe? If I recall correct his method did not use pH testing.

The old Worlock figures for titrating without pH testing were 6 drops per expected gram of product and since Curbs nano was starting with 1 gram of precursor I'd say to start out with 4 drops of 30% HCl acid.

That is if you are really doing a Curb nano here.

PS. If you got product that looks like salt it just might be. Try a melt test with it. Whatever melts might be meth and whatever doesn't is most likely sodium chloride which is formed from combining sodium hydroxide (lye) with HCl acid.

kurtz

Hey, thanks for replying - no, you're right,...
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2004, 01:01:00 PM »
Hey, thanks for replying - no, you're right, it wasn't the exact curb nano this time, swim did one before, with something that was called "charcoal lighting fluid" and all that came out was very little of white, dusty but glutinous mass,
maybe around 0,15 g from 2g RP, 1.2g Ephedrine and 3g of double sublimized iodine.
So he decided to try it again with naphta and with considering the ph thing found in another thread, wait ... ah, here it is - "simple descriptive a/b for newbees" by cutulhujr, and swim obtained the described product - i'd say the crystals actually don't look like salt, they are maybe the same size, but they are more flat and somehow rectangular - darn, swim wished he'd find out how to do it right before his supply of ephedrine is done :(
Thanks anyhow, i will try the test you described and report again!
Thank you very much!

----Edit------------

Hm, well, i wouldn't call this exactly "melting" - it was more like a gentle popping and crackling when i heated it on aluminium foil - no residues, but nothing melting, too ... hm, i'm confused - what might this be???

number427948

In my experiance the nano synths are very...
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2004, 05:12:00 PM »
In my experiance the nano synths are very fickle, especially if your not working with reagent grade shit.My advice is bump up your RXN from nano size, to about a 10 grammer.Now as for CURBS nano he did call for titration,however I sujest you check the links and read methheads article on A/B extraction.Now speaking of curb were is he havent een him since I got out email dnt work either

wimpy

Yes, i guess i have to try it a little scaled...
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2004, 03:01:00 AM »
Yes, i guess i have to try it a little scaled up - seems i wrecked it again, i thought i might try recrystallizing it with that 2step Alcohol/Acetone method and when i tried to dissolve it in 98% ethyl alcohol (unheated) the liquid got pretty yellow, the crystals seem to be white or clear now, but they don't dissolve. But i think they should if they where meth, right?
aaargh, frustration :((
once more all the work (scaping and so on) down the drain - ouuuh, poor me:)

ChemoSabe

No Melting?
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2004, 04:10:00 AM »
If nothing melted then you've either got NaOH (lye) or NaCl (table salt).

You can avoid this by doing the 3 DH2O washes of the separated NP layer after basing and _prior_ to gassing or titrating. But if nothing at all melted then you didn't even have any unreacted precursor in there.

Also curbs nano is a worthless excersise unless you've got that precursor _super_super_ clean.

see

Post 494521

(ChemoSabe: "A dead animal in the US", Stimulants)

This old post needs some revising as newer cleaning techniques have rendered it somewhat doable in the US again but if that pseudo ain't _super_ clean it ain't gonna happen.

wimpy

Sorry kurtz, i failed to make my self clear -...
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2004, 04:56:00 AM »
Sorry kurtz, i failed to make my self clear - after reading this thread i gave it another try too with naphta (that's what is posted on the "Lighter Fluid" i used: "contains naphta") instead of "charcoal lighter" nearly under the same conditions with the same result. That's why i bursted in like that.

Oh, before i forget: thx chemosabe!

kurtz

SWIM simply has no clue what he has done wrong
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2004, 01:47:00 PM »
SWIM simply has no clue what he has done wrong - he used absolutely clean ephedrine, good iodine but only MBRP - he used 50% NaOH instead of lye, but he thinks that should be ok ... can it be that it is only from using too much Acid??
Swim will try to scale his next one up, but there's only some gram left from the ephedrine, so swim will have to get some pseudo from pills, so he will have to experiment with pill extraction. They do contain 120mg of pseudo.hcl, but also 5mg Cetirizindihydrochloride (? probably some kind of Antihistaminika) and lots of suspect sounding stuff like micro crystall cellulose, Lactose Monohydrate, Crosscarmellose - Sodium, Titan oxide and Macrogol 400 (??).
Sounds like some povidone-like fun. Will probably take some time to get this done right and then swim will have to find another easy, ghetto like way of performing the reaction as he has no lab and he thinks 10g won't be able to be react in a test tube with a balloon on top
Oh well, way to success is steep  :)
Thanks for all the hints untill now!

number427948

Man fuck the 120's, try to find generic ...
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2004, 02:17:00 PM »
Man fuck the 120's, try to find generic shit.Even the little red pills are better then the one twenties! Just cause its bigger dont mean better believe that!

kurtz

hey number427948, sure, i believe you, but as...
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2004, 02:36:00 PM »
hey number427948, sure, i believe you, but as far as i found out there aren't any pure pseudo-pills available here (pretty dark area of europe) :(
The only alternative swim found is a granulate of 30mg of Pseudo with 500mg ASS per packet (10 in one box). He's not sure how to get the pseudo out of that - or to put it another way - absolutely now clue.

number427948

Ive been away for awhile forgive me, but what...
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2004, 02:56:00 PM »
Ive been away for awhile forgive me, but what is ASS :-[

Rhodium

ASS is german for ASA
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2004, 04:18:00 PM »
ASS is an abbreviation of the german Acetyl-salicyl-säure (which corresponds to acetylsalicylic acid, commonly abbreviated ASA).

kurtz

ouch - lol, :-D , swim completely overlooked...
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2004, 01:11:00 AM »
ouch - lol,  ;D , swim completely overlooked that this german abbreviation might look odd somehow to native english speakers - thanks rhodium!

As he found out there is no povidone in those pills he described, and Macrogol 400 is probably polyethylene glycol, which should be not much of a problem when following the " Extraction Technique: Waterless A/B " post if it lives up to it's promise  :)

kurtz

a Way for cleaning Freebase?
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2004, 12:38:00 PM »
Thanks again for all the replies, just one more:
What one get's out after the E/RP/I2 reaction is done is the freebase, right?
AFASK it should be ingestable as freebase, too, or ... ?
If so, can it be ingested as is or is there a way to clean it to prevent from ingesting the left over I2 or what ever unwanted stuff is still in there?
Thanks and sorry for beeing so noobish:)

abominator

Yes, post rxn workup
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2004, 01:17:00 PM »

is there a way to clean it to prevent from ingesting the left over I2 or what ever unwanted stuff is still in there?

Yes, swim will refer you to the place that has answered many a question to him:

Post 408293

(Rhodium: "The Stimulants Forum FAQ", Stimulants) and in your case in particular:

Post 428410

(geezmeister: "The post-reaction workup: a cook's summary", Stimulants)

If you read all of the post-rxn workUP then therein will lie your answer.

In regards to you wanting to ingest the freebase, might swim suggest that you titrate or gas for the Hcl salt, the preffered and more potent form of methamphetamine.  Freebase meth is an oil.