Author Topic: 3 - 6 month Storage  (Read 2344 times)

trakamtrekker

3 - 6 month Storage
« on: July 08, 2004, 07:43:00 PM »
Greetings Bees!  a)If swim was going to store some unrefined oil for a period should something be added to the bottle so as to remove the air space? and if yes, b)what might the easily obtained fluid be.  c)plastic or glass   d)will heat hurt? 35-43c   don't even think about it > i did utfse

grandpa

unrefined oil ????
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2004, 07:48:00 PM »
How do you expect us to help you if your so vague about your oil ?????

trakamtrekker

sorry..
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2004, 08:16:00 PM »
I can see this is going to be a brutal learning experience and I hope I can survive the initiation.  unrefined is recently acquired sass

abolt

more info
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2004, 08:29:00 PM »
In what way was it refined?

If you are saying that you have a container of steam distilled Sassafras oil then it will keep for many years.

trakamtrekker

sorry..
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2004, 08:54:00 PM »
I can see this learning curve is going to be brutal.  Unrefined = nothing done yet, recently acquired.  sassa.

trakamtrekker

again.again
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2004, 08:56:00 PM »

abolt

?
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2004, 09:03:00 PM »

Synergetic

Hive learning curve...
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2004, 09:42:00 PM »
Well, you certainly have demonstrated a total lack of common sense. Im sorry if this offends you, but you are being judged entirely from what you post. Judging from this thread, one could assume that you were mentally challenged!
To answer your question though, your sassafrass oil will remain useable, as is, for a very long time!
May i suggest that you read some hive literature before posting in future. I think this will prevent any future misunderstanding/frustration. Good day.

XrLeap

SWIX has seen some sassy oil stored in tin(the
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2004, 11:45:00 AM »
SWIX has seen some sassy oil stored in tin(the one that store cheap chines cooking oil) for 2-3 years and air not removed and is still ok:) hope this answers your question....

edit: SWIX has seen the oil kept under 30C to 34C, and it was ok.:)