Author Topic: importing via a port  (Read 1869 times)

Dope_Boy

importing via a port
« on: December 02, 2003, 10:12:00 PM »
i just bought some shit that ways a couple thousand pounds and its scheduled for delivery right before christmas. do i just show up at the port with a rental truck or is it possible to pay a company to deliver it to my warehouse?

anybody have experience with this?

calcium

either way
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2003, 06:32:00 AM »
You can indeed do it yourself, after all you own it! Or you can arrange to have it delivered. Renting a truck for the afternoon is probably cheaper.

I have walked shipped items through US Customs on several occassions. It isn't hard to do, just have the proper paperwork in hand to avoid delays.

Call the shipper before it arrives and ask for advice on how to handle it. The shipper will even be able to point you toward a trucking company if you decide to go that way.

pooky

Dope..
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2003, 01:51:00 PM »
Guess it is a little too late, but if you don't know a single thing about customs and import regulations of your ton,you should not be messing about without educating yourself.
Does it have any import duties or taxes on it?Imagine going down to pick it up and you owe $50,000.Perhaps it is legal in small amounts but illegal in large amounts:then all these polite gentlemen ask you all sorts of questions,perhaps locking you up.Then all your evil plans are shot.
Since you are posting here on the Hive,one might draw the conclusion  you are importing sassafrass-in which case it would be very advisable to check your laws before showing up to pick it up.

Dope_Boy

no it's nothing of questionable nature
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2003, 02:53:00 PM »
i just needed some advice as this is my first large import. apparently there is quite a lot of paper work involved which i was completely unaware of so i've had to hire a customs broker to take care of everything.

Rhodium

EMS = Express Mail Shipping
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2003, 05:16:00 PM »
EMS = Express Mail Shipping