Author Topic: kosher chemicals  (Read 2026 times)

Dope_Boy

kosher chemicals
« on: October 17, 2003, 01:07:00 AM »
is it okay to buy a chemical when it's kosher?

Un_Chambered

What are you asking again?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2003, 08:56:00 AM »
What are you asking again?,mabey i've lost it but i don't know what the fuck your asking.Peace,ChambeRed.

Dope_Boy

here
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2003, 10:56:00 PM »
Piperonyl Methyl Ketone (Pharmaceutical Grade) (Kosher)
(3,4-methylenedioxyphenyl acetone)
cas: 4676-39-5

Tdurden969

Basically
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2003, 11:26:00 PM »
Yea "kosher" just means it's been prepared with  "kosher" practices and equipment (blessed by a rabbi or whatnot)- and therefore can be used in kosher foods/drugs/whatever. Has no bearing on it's chemical properties.

Correct me if I'm wrong, perhaps it has some esoteric chemistry meaning...heh

T

Blind_Angel

oTdurden969: It k A sher not k o sher when...
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2003, 05:05:00 AM »
oTdurden969:
It kAsher not kosher when it's good for jews consomation

Vitus_Verdegast

Que?
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2003, 02:55:00 AM »
is it okay to buy a chemical when it's kosher?

... What are you talking about?? WTF has 'kosher' to do with MDP2P, 'cause I really fail to see a connection here.. What do you mean with 'is it OK..?'

Do you really mean that you can buy MDP2P blessed by a rabbi?

Jubrail

Clarifications
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2003, 03:41:00 AM »
OK, let kosher boy here clarify a few things.  Kosher is for things supervised by rabbis knowledgeable in the field during preparation to make sure that the many rules dictating what is and isn't kosher is observed (hands washed and stuff, machinery not used for non-kosher food or both meat and dairy products).  This chemical being labelled as kosher would clear it for use in places where food is used without unkoshering everything.  Perhaps in making certain dietary supplements.  Kasher is word in some ways different than kosher.  Note stresses and pronunciation: ka-SHARE is Hebrew for kosher.  KA-shur is the Yiddish pronunciation for the act of making something kosher and kushur is Yiddish for kosher.  So kasher on a label means the exact same thing as kosher, though it would usually be spelled in Hebrew/Yiddish. 

It is fine and generally better to buy kosher products as their preparation is supervised by yet another group of people.  They are, sometimes, more expensive though.