Author Topic: Need to talk to someone who has done this before  (Read 1952 times)

Teon

Need to talk to someone who has done this before
« on: April 22, 2003, 08:42:00 PM »
If anyone reading this has run an extraction of Salvinorin A from Salvia, either to crystallize pure or readd to plant matter for "enhanced leaf", please reply, PM me, or email me at Teonforpeace@hotmail.com I have just a couple quick questions regarding some solvent and procedural issues. Your help would be greatly appreciates (possibly rewarded in the future?)

weedar

wow
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2003, 03:12:00 AM »
how much time did you save by writing that instead of just
posting your question? Also, part of the idea behind the Hive
is that knowledge is SHARED and not hidden in the PM-system.

Organikum

he started with "reply" weedar?
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2003, 04:34:00 AM »
But as we are are just so nice together - share some knowledge with us Weedar - will you?

grellobanans

Salvinorin Extraction
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2003, 05:22:00 AM »
This is an extraction posted by Sphere from over at the spirit plants salvia forum (old, from my archives though...I prefer the hive, it's much cooler  :P )
------------------------------------
*********THE SALVIA DIVINORUM QUICK COLD EXTRACTION METHOD *********

Disclaimer: I offer this for informational purposes only! I am not a chemist, I am not a medical doctor. Seek competent professional advice. Do not rely upon my judgment! If anyone wants to actually do this, they do it at their own risk. I will not be held for responsible for damages from either the use or misuse of this information. I do not know how safe, or unsafe Salvia Divinorum extracts are when taken into the human body. I do not recommend using Salvinorin or extracts made from Salvia Divinorum, this must be an informed personal decision. This post does not contain enough information to make an informed choice.

W A R N I N G

Inform yourself of the potential dangers of this extract or materials which are used to make this extract. I have found the following web site as an excellent place to begin your search:

http://www.sagewisdom.org/caution.html

- DON'T EVEN *CONSIDER* USING THE STRAIT EXTRACT FOR ANYTHING.

ACETONE IS AS FLAMMABLE AS GASOLINE! *NO OPEN FLAME!* *NO STATIC SPARKS!* *NO UNSEALED SPARKY COMMUTATOR TYPE OF ELECTRIC FANS!* *DON'T EVAPORATE IT IN CLOSED AREAS!* *SEEK PROFESSIONAL ADVICE*

You will need:

1000 ml of Technical or Reagent Grade Acetone chilled to at least 25 degrees F.
1 large stainless-steel, glass, or ceramic bowl.
100 grams of whole Salvia Divinorum leaf.

When using this method without crushing your leaf up, or flattening it down into the bowl, you will probably need about 10 ml of Acetone per gram of leaf. You may be able to use half has much solvent or less if it is crushed up enough. Also, with this process you can use as much leaf as you want, unlike other quick extraction processes, it doesn't matter.

1. Take 85 grams of whole dry leaf and crush it into small pieces but DO NOT POWDER IT or this process will not work. You just don't want to have your leaf anywhere near powdered. Crushing it also reduces the amount of solvent needed.

2. Now put the leaf and the bowl that you intend on using for the Acetone soak (Glass, ceramic or stainless steel, not plastic.) in the refrigerator for a day. The bowl and the leaf just need to cool down to at least fourty degrees F. but closer to 25 degrees would be better because the solvent will warm up as your stirring the leaf in. I have started out with Acetone as cold as 15 degrees and had it warm up to nearly 40 degrees by the time I was done extracting from the leaf.

3. Once the bowl of leaf is thoroughly cooled, pour in the whole 1000 ml of cold 25 degree F. Acetone into the bowl, stir all of the crushed leaf around for about five to six minutes. A second and third extraction of the leaf for three minutes each using more chilled Acetone can help increase the efficiency resulting in more Salvinorin being extracted but also increases the amount of waxes in your extract. If you do this you might want to keep the solvent separate from the last two re-extractions and evaporate it separately to see how much black wax came over.

4. Pour the Acetone out into another container. Now add 15 grams of finely crushed Salvia leaf to the Acetone extract and let it evaporate completely down, be sure to stir it up really well so that it evenly mixes as the volume of Acetone evaporates down to just wet leaf. There can be a large amount of Salvinorin as residue on the sides of the bowl, as it evaporates down and dries, leaving behind a green film. This green film can have a very high purity of Salvinorin, so treat it with much caution.

The above process will make 15 grams of 5X enhanced Salvia Divinorum leaf. Why 5X, and not 8X or more because we used 100g to make 15g ? Although this process is very efficient compared to other extraction methods, is it not 100% efficient. There is nothing to prevent you from making 8X leaf by simply changing the amount of leaf extracted from and added to, such as extracting from 90 grams and adding it back to 10 grams. However, due to the reduced waxes when using this process, strongly enhanced leaf might be too easy to smoke and cause someone to get too much Salvinorin. Keeping the strength of your enhanced leaf to no more than 6X is a good self regulator for most people, because, unless your accustomed to smoking enhanced Salvia leaf, trying to smoke more than 200 mg of enhanced leaf is difficult when at this concentration. 200 mg of 5X has been considered the upper limit for experienced users of enhanced leaf, but few want to go that far. I should also point out that having someone with you when smoke enhanced leaf is highly recommended (as long as they aren't smoking it too), especially if you are inexperienced or when attempting large amounts of 5X or higher enhanced leaf. Although the actual Salvia-Space experience usually last just a few minutes, operating machinery or being in public places while under the influence of this substance are taboo, anyone with half a lick of sense (or less) knows this. Although the experience is short lived, the effects to your coordination can last much longer. Never operate machinery or play with sharp knives for at least three hours after using Salvia Divinorum or enhanced leaf and or tincture (This is a bit of a stretch, but you never know about some people). Longer if you are particularly sensitive to the effects.

Notes:

Do not soak your leaf longer than necessary. If you soak your leaf longer than six minutes, you will begin to get too much black wax making it difficult to smoke. You can increase the efficiency by increasing either the temperature of the solvent or the amount of time that the leaf is soaked but an increase of either temperature or time will also increase the amount of chlorophyll extracted. Due to this, you must limit the amount of time the leaf is being soaked to no more than six minutes in the 25 to 40 degree F. Acetone. Be sure to stir the leaf the whole time it is in the solvent! Lower extraction temperatures can be used but will begin to loose the normal 80%+ efficiency if you go very far below 20 degrees F. However, the lower the temperature of the Acetone, the less chlorophyll and waxes will be extracted. If you dry the leaf and try another quick extraction with cold Acetone, it won't work out nearly as well. Something has changed in the leaf making it impossible to do another quick cold Acetone without getting loads of black wax in your extract making your enhanced leaf difficult to smoke. REMEMBER to save your leaf! After having done a quick cold Acetone extraction with crushed leaf, there will still be a portion of the Salvinorin left in the leaf. To get the remaining Salvinorin out, dry the leaf and then powder it using a Mr. Coffee grinder and do another extraction for 10 minutes using chilled 20 degree F. Acetone. Be be sure to stir it the whole time. This will produce a waxy extract but it should be good for adding to leaf or for making a tincture with if you are working with enough leaf to make it worth your while. Be very careful not to touch your face if you have touched the wet leaf or extract with your bare fingers (Which I find impossible to avoid when working with it.) I have found that this stuff is very hard on your skin, the extract or wet leaf will cause sensitive areas of your skin, such as your face, to get really puffed up and then wrinkle and dry so bad as to cause pealing. This may last a week or more! Thoroughly wash your hands with Acetone when you are done and don't touch your face at any time during the handling of this wet leaf, or Acetone extract. Caution: Do not soak leaf in Acetone when exposed to light for more than an hour. Light will begin to decompose Salvinorin in a few hours while in Acetone. Alcohol is far less a problem when exposed to light, but it has been proven to me that Acetone will begin to decompose Salvinorin quite quickly when at room temperature and exposed to light.

How to extract and clean into a relatively high purity Salvinorin:

Pure Salvinorin is far too strong to use as is. It is very difficult and tricky to properly vaporize. It requires extremely accurate measurement equipment such as an analytical balance to measure out a somewhat strong dose which is only one milligram, one thousandths of a gram. Trying to smoke it in a pure form will not add anything to an experience, it is no better, in fact, lower doses are preferrable as strong doses will only serve to leave you with no recall of what happened. Trying to dose with Salvinorin anywhere near pure will only lead to problems, as it has for the experienced. You cannot eye the size of a one milligram dose of Salvinorin and be able to repeat it with accuracy. Do not risk your own welfare or the welfare of others playing around with the pure substance. I cannot advise strongly enough against this. Please look at this web site to see what I am talking about:

-The almost pure Salvinorin (Above 90%) which can be obtained through the following process can be used to enhanced leaf (or other materials) by concentrating the Salvinorin to much higher levels to make tinctures or to make enhanced leaf or other Salvinorin products. There is a danger in putting too much Salvinorin back into leaf because without the black wax it is too easy to smoke large amounts of the leaf. With normal 5X leaf, it is difficult to smoke too much of it because of all of the smoke it produces from the chlorophyll and waxes being burned along with the Salvinorin. This is why responsible individuals such as Daniel Siebert DO NOT CONCENTRATE the amount of Salvinorin in their enhanced leaf to beyond 6X to reduce the possibility that someone will cause problems for both themselves, and him. If your making your own enhanced leaf, then you only have yourself to blame if your not careful about what your doing. Common practice is to add no more than 12.5 mg of Salvinorin back to a gram of normal leaf to give a concentration of no more than 15 mg per gram. Tinctures should have no more than 1.3 to 1.4 mg of Salvinorin per ml of fluid or it will not stay dissolved in Alcohol. The best Alcohol to use for tinctures is 191 proof Everclear as it is about 95% Alcohol with only 5% water. Salvinorin does not dissolve very well in 151 proof Alcohol which is 25% water. Impure Salvinorin will dissolve in 151 proof Alcohol without much problem, but pure Salvinorin is difficult to dissolve when there is that much water present.

If you want to get down to pure Salvinorin to enhance leaf or for use in a tincture, here is how to do it. To obtain almost pure Salvinorin all one needs to do is extract from the leaf with a colder temperature Acetone, 20 degrees F. or a little lower will do just fine without much loss of efficiency. You can use crushed leaf but don't use powdered for this process as it tends to extract out too much wax when powdered. You can try, but I have never had good results with powdered leaf. With very cold Acetone almost all of the waxes and chlorophyll's are left behind and remain in the leaf, but you must not let the leaf stay in the solvent for too long. Limit the soaking to five minutes or less, but not much less than three minutes or the efficiency will begin to drop off. Be sure to stir the leaf the whole time! If you intended on getting down to high purity Salvinorin, the following step is very important. Once you are finished doing a 20 degree F. extraction of crushed leaf (after pouring the Acetone off the leaf), let the Acetone sit for an hour or more to allow a brown sediment like material to fall out of the Acetone. This sediment is not Salvinorin but will be extracted along with it. You must separate this material from the lightly colored Acetone through either a gravity separation by letting it sit until it all falls out, or through filtering of the Acetone (I recommend several hours for a gravity separation). The amount of sediment will be far greater than the amount of Salvinorin extracted and because of this will greatly increase the purity of the extraction if removed. Once the brown material is removed from the Acetone by carefully pouring the solvent out of the bowl that contains the sediment (leaving it behind) the Acetone is then poured into a evaporation dish or bowl. After the solvent has been completely evaporated off, you will find a high purity extract in the bottom of your container. This extract may or may not consist of crystals. The extract may be in the form of a crusty green or somewhat tacky green material.

grellobanans

Continued
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2003, 05:24:00 AM »
The somewhat pure extract produced by a lower temperature extraction and removal of the sediments can be further cleaned to remove the green coloring and or tacky substance through multiple washings with minimal amounts of Naphtha, Isopropanol, Methanol or regular 95% drinking Alcohol. For example, if you have extracted from 100 grams of leaf and have dried your extract out leaving just a few hundred milligrams of greenish colored extract, you can further clean or wash out the green waxes and impurites to such an extent that you can obtain Salvinorin that is so pure that it will be white. The washing process is very simple. All you need to do is find a very small glass container, such as a shot glass and add a few ml of any of the above mentioned solvents to the dried extract to wash out and remove the unwanted chlorophyll and waxes. When extracting from 100 gram of leaf I recommend about 10 ml of Naphtha. Each time the extract is washed the remaining extract will be cleaner and cleaner leaving behind a relatively pure concentration of Salvinorin. I recommend Naphtha for washing this extract as it is superior to the other solvents because Salvinorin is less soluble to Naphtha than it is to Isopropanol, Methanol, ethanol, or high proof Alcohol. Neither Methanol or Isopropanol are recommended as the wash solvent because they can hold several mg of Salvinorin per ml. Do not over wash your extract because you will loose some of the Salvinorin each time you do. When I say "washings" this is to mean adding small amounts of the above mentioned solvents to your extract so that they will absorb the green and waxes. Thoroughly stir the solvent into the dried extract using a very small glass container to hold it. The solvent will become green colored as it absorbs the unwanted components. Let the container sit for an hour or until all of the particles fall to the bottom of the container (this can take hours or longer for most of it to resolve back into a solid) then carefully pour off the green colored solvent leaving the purer, or cleaner extract in the bottom of the container. You don't need to dry the extract between washings. Use as little solvent as necessary for each wash because each time you do this, some of the Salvinorin will be taken with the green solvent you pour off. This is why it is important to use a minimal amount of solvent for each washing so that it will not dissolve too much of the Salvinorin into it. If your working with less than 100 grams make a proportional reduction of the Naphtha or what ever cleaning solvent that you are using, if working with only one ounce of leaf then use only two to three ml of solvent for each wash of your extract. It is not difficult to clean up an extract to white Salvinorin with just a wash or two using Naphtha, depending upon the leaf that your extracting from, but I have seen wide variations in the amount of waxes extracted from different batches of leaf, so it might require more than two washes to get white Salvinorin. When done washing your extract, do not throw away the solvent way. Let it sit in a glass container tucked away in a dark place. After several days you may find that some Salvinorin in the bottom of the container as a solid. You can also use the old wash to enhance leaf as it will contain Salvinorin, possibly lots of it, especially if having used ISP or Methanol to clean the extract as they can each hold several mg of Salvinorin per ml. Normally, ISP will only hold about .74 mg of pure Salvinorin per ml when at room temperature, Methanol about 3 mg per ml, but if impurities from the leaf are present either of these solvents can hold much more per ml. If the solvent turns green, the impurities are there! If using 10 ml of ISP for your first wash of the dry extract from 100g of leaf, you might be removing as much as 60 mg of Salvinorin for this wash, but should loose less for each subsequent wash if it is cleaning up fairly rapidly. Once the extract is almost white, you shouldn't loose more than about 8 mg per wash of the somewhat pure Salvinorin when using 10 ml of ISP for each wash. I use Naphtha because Salvinorin is supposed to be almost insoluble to it but it will also take some of it, especially when impure due to sufficants or other compounds from the leaf that make Salvinorin more soluble to these solvents.

Notes:

When extracting from leaf using 20 degree F. Acetone (or lower) it is a good idea to do two extractions of leaf one after the other and to keep the solvent from each batch separate. The first three to five minute soak using 20 degree F. Acetone will produce the cleanest extract, but a second extraction should be done right away to get most of the remaining Salvinorin left behind from the first extraction which should be about about 80% efficient if you have stirred it up well enough. Over stirring can cause too much chorophyll to be extracted too, it is difficult to over do it when using very cold Acetone, but it can be done. I use a potato masher myself and only cover the leaf with enough Acetone so that I can push it into the solvent as I am mashing it. The second extraction won't produce nearly as much Salvinorin in it and will have more waxes, but I think that it is worth doing. The longer the Acetone is in contact with the leaf the more chlorophyll will be extracted. Be sure to let the Acetone sit for an hour minimum to let the sediments fall out of the Acetone. At first, you can't see them in there right away, but lots of the sediments will be found in the bottom of your bowl if you let it sit long enough. It may not be very much when processing small amounts of leaf, but really begins to pile up when extracting from 10 or more grams of leaf. I have left my Acetone sit all night long to make sure that all of the sediment had fallen out of the solvent and it worked great. Older leaf will extract cleaner because some of the Chlorophyll will decompose over time. There are some other tricks used to reduce the amount of Chlorophyll in leaf, but you must have fresh leaf to work with and apply the techniques prior to drying, but this information is not my own and I won't comment further on it.

I had told people to email me for the refined process, but I got too many emails to keep up with so I am re-posting the whole thing here.

Late Edit:

Crushed leaf seems to extract out just fine too. Earlier I had thought that people reporting crushed leaf as being any good for the cold extraction method were full of it, but I stand corrected. I tried it with highly crushed leaf and it worked out fine. Just don't powder it.

I have used Acetone chilled to as low as 5 degrees F. which is on the cold side for efficiency but when working with 200g or more of leaf and 25 degree Acetone if you don't pre-chill your bowl and leaf the Acetone will probably warm up to about 35 to 40 degrees before your done with a five minute extraction when using a half kilo of leaf. I don't have experience with small batches below 200g at a time, but 200g of leaf also warms up like that too. I never pre-chill either my leaf or my bowl and just make sure that the Acetone starts out colder than necessary so that it won't warm up above 40 degrees F. before I am finished extracting the leaf.

I cool my Acetone in the can by placing it in a freezer and just check the temp until it gets cold enough. Don't be afraid of using 20 degree Acetone either, it just isn't that picky but it does need to be at or below 40 degrees the whole time that the leaf is in the solvent or you might extract more green than you want. However you will extract more Salvinorin out of the leaf per soak when in warmer Acetone. I have used 40-45 degree Acetone in the past but had to spend extra time removing the waxes when it is that warm. If you use room temperature Acetone you will get lots more wax but it can be cleaned with Naphtha and 99% Isopropanol and takes lots of extra time. Also, when you have that much black wax you need to be skilled at cleaning it or you will probably loose too much of the Salvinorin in your washes.

At one time I believed that whole leaf was the only way to go and to only break it up into no more than ten pieces or so but now I think that highly crumbled leaf is superior, just don't powder it. Different batches of leaf extract differently. I was having difficulty getting too much green with highly crushed leaf on a batch that gave me the impression that whole leaf was far superior when in fact it seems to be the opposite for most batches of leaf that I have been extracting lately. Powdered leaf has always extracted more green than I have wanted when using chilled Acetone in the past, but some batches might extract out ok when powdered and using 20 degree F. Acetone but it sure failed for me when I tried it once and the Acetone immediately turned a dark green indicating that it was loaded up with waxes right away. There are variables with the leaf you get and you need to customize the extraction to fit the leaf in some cases.

Q & A from a forum member:

1.I have read about making extracts but I was wondering how do I make different strength extracts,like how is 5X made and 10X and so on?

If your wanting to make 5X with maximum efficiency soak the leaf three times using fresh chilled Acetone for each soak being performed. The soakings must occur immediately, or in other words one right after the other. When done this way you should have 80 or more percent of the Salvinorin out of the leaf by the time your done.

Based on the efficiency of 80% (which may be more or less) if you put the extract from five grams of leaf on one gram you will have one gram of 5X. If you extracted from six times as much leaf (i.e. 30 grams) then you will be able to make about five grams of 5X as long as your putting it back on leaf that has not been extracted from. Don't make 10X as in my opinion it is far too strong. The leaf from this process is very easy to smoke making it possible to get too much of it. Also, with home brew leaf like this you might make it far stronger than intended resulting in disaster. Some leaf has far more Salvinorin in it than other so you might end up with something much more potent than you expected.

2. About how many grams of 5X extract could I get from 28-30 grams of strong salvia divinorum leaves,and what about 10X,how many grams of 10X coould I get from 28-30 grams?

About five, as explained above.

3. What exactly is the lighter fluid used for,I thought to make a crude extract all I needed was acetone?I realy don't want to buy a bunch of stuff so I was hoping I could just use an easy extraction method with acetone?

Yep, you don't need to clean the extract with Naphtha or ISP if your making enhanced leaf. Doing so reduces the yield and with a cold extraction it is very clean to begin with and you don't need to clean it further if adding it back to leaf, but you do want to let the Acetone sit for a few hours after the extraction so that all of the sediment falls out to the bottom of the bowl. Leave it behind when pouring the green Acetone into another container for evaporation on leaf. The only reason I have cleaned crude Salvinorin up further with Naphtha/lighter fluid or ISP is to use the powder to grow crystals with and for nothing else. Don't use the pure Salvinorin or even the crude Salvinorin from one of these extractions as a drug because unless you know what your doing it could be too strong.

4. If I want to make an extract,I think I want to put it back onto the dried leaves to make an enhanced leaf,how exactly do I go about this? Should I let the acetone evaporate or should I put it on the leaves while it is still in liquid form and then let it dry?

The leaf that your enhancing should be finely crumbled leaf with the stems removed. Just take the green Acetone from the extraction and evaporate it on your leaf making sure to mop up the sides of the evaporation container with the leaf that it is being added to (as the fluid level goes down) because it deposits lots of Salvinorin on the sides of the bowl or container as it evaporates. If the size of your leaf crumbles are too big you can easily get too much Salvinorin on a piece and end up with a terribly strong dose that is dangerous. That is why you want to use extremely well crushed and very finely crumbled leaf to help spread hot spots around but this doesn't mean that it can't still happen even with all your best efforts. After it dries you can try to average out hot spots by mixing it very thoroughly to break up hot spots but this is an area where I have little experience and can't help you with it. You need to research this thoroughly and don't take anything in my posts as the last word on this subject. I have only come to even know what Salvia is less than two years ago and there are people out there who know the subject much better. You might join the forum at iamshaman.com and see if Keith might share some of his own techniques with you. I taught this process to him but I believe he has his own areas of improvement and some extra twists.

My best advice is not to smoke Salvia Divinorum at all, but if your going to do this against the best advice that I have for you be sure start out with very small pinches which are far smaller than you might have used in the past, especially with home brew leaf. If your not skilled at this can be very dangerous because you can easily get too much Salvinorin from a very minute amount of leaf. This is why I don't recommend smoking or using home brew stuff. It is better to buy it from someone who knows how to make it without getting hot spots. I cannot instruct you on how to do that because it requires experience.

If you don't have much experience with this sort of thing you might be better off buying it from some place that knows what they are doing. I am telling you only what I have reasoned out and done for myself when I used to be interested in Salvia Divinorum as an entheogen but today I don't smoke or use it. This is just a hobby for me so that I can take pictures of interesting looking crystals before it might become scheduled.

grellobanans

Continued
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2003, 05:27:00 AM »
EDIT:

More info.....

Cut and paste from a post I made in another thread:

I had posted that I was working on efficiency figures for 5 and 25 degree Acetone extractions. Someone had said that they thought I would do better to use 30 degree Acetone.

[ Quote] I lowered the recommended temp to 25 degrees because the Acetone can warm up too much before your done with the extraction. Not that it is a bad thing to go warmer. I have done extractions with 40-45 degree Acetone that didn't turn out too bad but always had more black wax. Black wax is not a bad thing either, I just want to get as little of it as possible because my interest is in growning Salvinorin crystals as a hobby and too much black wax gets in the way. I am not convinced that you shouldn't have some black wax in enhanced leaf for two reasons. It might have something in it that enhances the experience and it is a good regulator to prevent people from smoking too much enhanced leaf in one toke of the pipe.

The crude Salvinorin might be 60-70% pure, it still needs cleaning. This particular leaf was HPLC assayed to contain about 4.5mg per gram so there should be lots of Salvinorin in it. I should be able to get at least 4 grams out of it if I re-soak it in cold Acetone a couple more times for about five or six minutes each. I normally don't recommend that long a period of time for people wanting to isolate Salvinorin because extra black wax will come over when extending the time like that. Also, when trying to extract from leaf that has already been soaked in Acetone and let sit for a long period of time (or dried and re-extracted) it never extracts as cleanly and you often get loads of black wax with further attempts but I don't have a problem cleaning black wax down to clean Salvinorin using Naphtha to get the bulk of the wax out and 99% ISP to get the rest of it out. There was a time when I thought that you could only get the Salvinorin out of black wax using a chromatography column with silica gel, but I found out that black wax can be cleaned with just lots of Naphtha and a few washes of ISP. I don't think anyone knew that you can clean black wax down to pure Salvinorin using just two solvents before but they sure do now. Maybe Daniel had been doing this all along but wouldn't share the information, I don't know, but I thought I would try it because Salvinorin is almost insolvent to Naphtha but the black wax isn't. It seemed like a good way to clean up crude Salvinorin from a cold Acetone extraction and turned out to work well as a cleaning technique for heavy black wax too but it is very time consuming and you really need to have a feel for it which can only be obtained through experience.

I had been buying leaf and stashing it away but am now processing it because I am afraid it might become scheduled and I don't want this stuff in my house if it does.

PS: If you read this Daniel don't get mad at me! He had two reasons to keep his information to himself. One, idiots might harm themselves with pure Salvinorin (see

) and it isn't good business practice to give out a process that hardly anyone knows about when your making a living off of it. I have heard through the grape vine is that he uses an extraction process that uses two solvents. Which ones they are or how they were used I don't know.

[/quote]

Edited by Fractal - Dec 29 2002, 08:51 PM

---------------------------
Solubility of Salvinorin in various solvents:

Methanol   Ethanol Isopropanol

3.15        1.28      0.74
(mg/ml)
---------------------------------------

All this extraction info is pretty basic procedure, this just puts everything in great detail for everyone.
Be careful with the crystals...