Author Topic: LSD to ALD-52 -Reduce  (Read 3949 times)

dormouse

LSD to ALD-52 -Reduce
« on: April 19, 2000, 07:25:00 PM »

the Hive BB
  Serious Chemistry Forum
  LSD to ALD-52

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

next newest topic | next oldest topic 
Author  Topic:   LSD to ALD-52 
Reduce
NewBee   posted 01-23-2000 06:58 AM           
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wherever I look the same thing is repeted:
to make ALD-52 one has to go through LSD.
Wouldn´t it be possible do like this;
lysergic acid --> 1-acetyl-lysergic acid -->
1-acetyl-N,N-diethyllysergamide

2-bromo-N,N-diethyllysergamide -->
1-acetyl-2-bromo-N,N-diethyllysergamide -->
1-acetyl-N,N-diethyllysergamide

If 2. is possible then no illegal compound would have been handled at any time.
Maybe the acetyl group is too damn fragile, since the N(1) atom is quite neutral.
Does anybody know any any method that could be used to make ALD-52 whithout going through
any naughty step?

Reduce

Rhodium
Pimp Master   posted 01-23-2000 09:32 AM           
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lysergic acid is also a controlled compound

Reduce
NewBee   posted 01-23-2000 10:29 AM           
Rhodium.
If 2 is possible. All intermediates would be legal as sea salt...

Rhodium
Pimp Master   posted 01-23-2000 10:09 PM           
2-Br-LSD (aka BOL-148) isn't commercially available as far as I know - how would you make it without going through LSD? Forther, how do you plan to remove the bromine afterwards? I don't think there is an easy way.

rev drone
Hive Bee   posted 01-27-2000 07:10 AM           
Bromo-LSD is readily made from bromolysergic acid, which is readily made from bromocriptine. Still, I'm curious: what method would you choose to remove the bromine? My preference is for forming the instable grignard reagent (the proton on the 1-position, which you erroneously dubbed "neutral", is acidic enough to quench the Grignard complex, even before adding H2O), but any nomber of other methods may work. The challenge is to use gentle reagents and conditions that won't give the rest of the molecule a hard time.
------------------
-the good reverend drone

Ipsa scientia potestas est

rev drone
Hive Bee   posted 01-27-2000 07:11 AM           
Bromo-LSD is readily made from bromolysergic acid, which is readily made from bromocriptine. Still, I'm curious: what method would you choose to remove the bromine? My preference is for forming the instable grignard reagent (the proton on the 1-position, which you erroneously dubbed "neutral", is acidic enough to quench the Grignard complex, even before adding H2O), but any nomber of other methods may work. The challenge is to use gentle reagents and conditions that won't give the rest of the molecule a hard time.
------------------
-the good reverend drone

Ipsa scientia potestas est

Methamphibian man
Hive Bee   posted 01-28-2000 07:09 PM           
LSD is a derivative of the fungus ergot.

rev drone
Hive Bee   posted 02-04-2000 05:15 AM           
Methamphibian man,
Was that a joke?

LaBTop
PimpBee   posted 02-04-2000 12:00 PM           
No, he's our 2000 questions , and do zero, member. So he picked up some random wisdom, and wants to be taken serious, I guess. Hive's getting a bit funny in the new milennium, like the spirit is evaporating slowly. New interesting posts in the chemistry forums are thinning badly. And all these bold capital shouters work on my nerves, slowly.
Well, if they could have the refined manners to stay in the Couch, I don't mind so much.
But I miss our old , mostly literary high level Couch, dearly. Just the sigh of an old, sometimes too serious, fanatic retired Cook, perhaps.... LT/
PS: Funny development in the Meth forum, they come with more and more intelligent solutions, start to like it a lot there. Fresh, new ideas, and that's what we look for !
------------------
WISDOMwillWIN

Chromic
Hive Bee   posted 02-04-2000 03:13 PM           
Some history: Your idea of producing ALD by going around LSD isn't novel--although it is very interesting. AH's original synthesis of ALD went through LSD, but it's not necessary (I guess it was just convenient). Remember the case involving The Brotherhood of Eternal Love where they made ALD without going through LSD? (orange sunshine's or something like that?)
Anywayz, the judge couldn't care less if it was LSD or ALD--it was still acid. Also it was shown that N-Acetyl-LSD decomposes to LSD.

(I wish I could contribute with some of the chemistry that The Brotherhood used, but I don't know how it was done)

lmnop
Hive Bee   posted 02-04-2000 11:21 PM           
BBS have always been like you describe, the knowledgable people fighting for status in a more discreet and perhaps more honorable way, and the nobodys pretending to be elite (i'm thinking of oldschool h/p boards in particular, there are a lot of really fascinating analogies to Hive).
Sorry to interrupt, i'll slip back into lurkmode.

Methamphibian man
Hive Bee   posted 02-05-2000 12:44 AM           
It's true. Belive it or not, ingestable LSD is actually a derivative of the deadly fungus ergot. Ergot is commonly found growning as a fungus on rye. Only Through rigorous chemical processing is ergot converted to LSD. Also, I know that it has something to do with the lysergic acid compound. I would hypothesize that anyone with an ample supply of ergot would be able to turn it into LSD with the correct knowlage.
Do not attempt LSD synth if you are unsure of your self or unprepared. ergot poisining is very unpleasnt and you will die too. If you touch it even you can be poisined. Again, DO NOT try this at home because it is very dangerous to do.

Starlite
Hive Bee   posted 02-05-2000 02:39 AM           
Methamphib...Are you sure your in the right forum? this is serious chem discourse...and your like trying to teach the eskimo's how to build igloo's here... 0:

Penis Seinfeld
Hive Bee   posted 02-05-2000 09:48 AM           
METHAMPH..
<delurk>
Stop making an ass of yourself and just lurk like the rest of us! Leave this forum to the big boys...
</delurk>

drunkenmaster
NewBee   posted 02-07-2000 12:54 AM           
methamph...man is good for some comic relief in a pathetic sort of way, check out his homemade SCBA, what a winner!

Strontium
Hive Bee   posted 02-08-2000 10:14 AM           
Rhodium:
BOL-148 isn´t that hard to find.
It´s being used in quite a few labs.
You just need to know where to look for it

Strontium

Rhodium
Pimp Master   posted 02-08-2000 01:10 PM           
Yes, I'm sure it is used as a speciality chemical here and there in small amounts, but it is not as abundant as for example ergotamine (and therefore it makes a bad precursor).