Author Topic: PC Gulf Coast  (Read 10234 times)

hest

Re: PC Gulf Coast
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2001, 04:15:00 PM »
Form... Ohh yes, i could not find any data on the diference betw. the mycelia and the mush. So the only way was the bio test (it's like eating 10g of cotton :)

paranoid

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2001, 09:41:00 PM »
IudexK2 - This was the reading that inititally got me thinking on the idea, but I must admit that I'm not so trusting of all of Adam Gottliebs writings - the Legal Highs article contains a number of either erroneous or exagerrated effects... dammit i'm telling you smoking damiana or scotch brooms tops do fuck all. :(   They taste kinda nice though. :)

IudexK2

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2001, 01:35:00 PM »
No, but damiana tea is kinda cool  ;D

paranoid

« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2001, 03:21:00 PM »
Hmm, I'll have to give it a try.  I think I still have some lying around from when I was 16 and thought it would be the ultimate "Legal High".  And that Mormon Tea, which contains some incredibly low levels of ephedrine.  Supposedly a "Stimulating herb".

paranoid

« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2001, 05:42:00 PM »
"Alkakoid levels in submerged cultures are nearly the same as fruiting bodies."

Just what I wanted to hear!  :)

"The yield for submerged culture is poor. You can get a much better yield if you add some tooth picks or flakes of styrofoam to the medium and let the mycelium grow as a skin on the surface."

Damn.  I wouldn't add styofoam, too porous and therefore likely difficult to sterilize.  Also would have the mycelia growing thru it.

"The surface harvest can be hung up to dry and looks like water stained sheets of paper. The taste is actually quite good so forget about extraction."

Except that you have bits of tookpicks and/or styrofoam in it.  Picking them out may lower your yield (if you used styrofoam anyways).  Otherwise good food for thought (I just realized after I posted this what a pun this was :) ).  Maybe it would be easier to just grow it on an edible medium then in a submerged medium.  SWIP might try both and see what he likes.  Problem is that SWIP is in his last year of university and doesn't have much time for testing techniques and drugs.  SWIP does however know some people that might be interested in being guinea pigs.  Hmmm...

UTFSE

« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2001, 02:40:00 PM »

http://www.fanaticus.com/

just glad to bee here-----he he he

foxy2

« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2001, 12:36:00 PM »
Some Articles of interest?

The production of psilocybin in submerged culture by Psilocybe cubensis.
Catalfomo, P.; Tyler, V. E. Jr (1964) Lloydia 27:53-63

An aqueous-organic extraction method for the isolation and identification of psilocin from hallucinogenic mushrooms.
Casale, J. F. (1985)  J Forensic Sci 30(1):247-250

Psilocin, bufotenine and serotonin: historical and biosynthetic observations.
J Chilton, W. S.; Bigwood, J.; Jensen, R. E. (1979) Psychedelic Drugs 11(1-2):61-69

Observations on Agarics causing cerebral mycetisms. Part II. The influence of temperature on mycelial growth of Psilocybe, Panaeolus, and Copelandia.
Ames 1958-268   Ames, R. W. (1958) Mycopathol Mycol Appl 9:268-274

Ethnobotany of psilocybin mushrooms, especially Psilocybe cubensis.
Badham, E. R. (1984) J Ethnopharmacol 10:249-254

Psilocybin and psilocin levels in twenty species from seven genera of wild mushrooms in the Pacific Northwest,U.S.A.
Beug, M. W.; Bigwood, J. (1982) J Ethnopharmacol 5:271-285

Konstitutionsaufklarung und synthese von psilocybin. Hofmann, A.; Frey, A.; Ott, H.; Petrzilka, T.; Troxler, F. (1958)  
Experientia 14:397-399

Isolierung von lysergsaure-alkaloiden aus der mexikanischen zauberdroge ololiuqui (Rivea corymbosa (L.)Hall. f.). Hofmann, A.; Tscherter, H. (1960) Experientia 16:414

Comparison of three psychotropic drugs (Psilocybin, JB-329, and IT-290)in volunteer subjects.
Hollister, L. E.; Prusmack, J. J.; Paulsen, J. A.; Rosenquist, N. (1960)
J Nerv Mental Dis 131:428-434

Do Your Part To Win The War