Author Topic: Coricidin Question  (Read 3103 times)

Mr_E

Coricidin Question
« on: June 15, 2004, 09:22:00 AM »
it's common knowledge that taking coricidin as a source of DXM is no good. But what about taking a large dose of DXM from cough medicine and then supplimenting that with a little bit of coricidin. the coricidin has 30 mg DXM/pill, so would taking like 250mg DXM though syrup and then say 3 or 4 coricidin tablets be dangerous, and have those same bad effects? If not, then it could be a way to be a little easier on the stomach. Tripping on DXM tends to make one think these things...how to get higher. especially when the syrup is barely working and a box of coricidin is waiting in the medicine cabinet. Lemme know!

Oh also, i've noticed that in some medicines they have this stuff called Dextromethorphan polystirex (sp?) What's the deal with that. can that be used the same way as regualar ol' DXM HBr?

wolff_kishner

What you propose is safe
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2004, 11:05:00 PM »
Taking a small number of Coricidin to "boost" DXM from another source is not dangerous. The dangerous ingredient in Coricidin in Chlorpheniramine Maleate, which is only dangerous in high doses, which would be the case if you were to use them as your sole source of DXM. As long as the number of Coricidin is kept low, you are safe.

DXM Polystirex is like controlled release DXM. Instead of all the DXM being released at once, it is released over several hours. This translates into a less intense but longer-acting trip.

fnord

dextromethorphan polystyrex
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2004, 03:22:00 PM »
if i have to drink cough syrup id go for the dxm poly, it tastes better lasts longer and if you spin around in circles the world doesnt stop spining for a while. dxm poly also dosent have  bromine in it so if your a habitual user you wont have to worry about bromine toxicity
anybody have ideas for a dxm-poly synth? i suck with polymers

MadMunkey

Chlorpheniramine Maleate
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2004, 11:25:00 PM »
Erowid says it's not recomended to consume more the 24mg of CPM per day, but personally i've never had a problem with it at higher doses. I'd say that the amount found in 1 box of CCC (64mg) is probably safe unless your sensitive to CPM in the first place.

Mr_E

i've heard reports of serious side effects and
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2004, 07:07:00 AM »
i've heard reports of serious side effects and even death with as little as 6 pills (24mg). A full box contains 16 tablets (96mg). I don't know how that can be healthy for someone?! What is a safe amout of CM to ingest?

MadMunkey

read son!
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2004, 06:39:00 PM »
as i stated above, Erowid says no more then 24mg per day, but i, personally, have had no problem with 128mg+.(although not recomended)you'd have to be nuts to go higher then that, which i have, but still dont recomend it. unless your sensitive to CM, your probably safe with 48mg, but thats my opinion and i'm not a doctor.

BullwinkleMoose

Dxm & CPM
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2004, 06:50:00 AM »
There have been accounts of DEATH from coricidan use

Chlorphermen Mealate and Dextromethorphan both use the same liver enzyme to process..... 

BAD

warlock

Lets try something else shall we
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2004, 08:47:00 AM »
Recreational dextromethorphan use could kill you, and already has resulted in quite a few deaths that I can confirm. Check out the deaths sections listed on the home page of this site, and also on the home page of the Coricidin (Dextromethorphan + Chlorpheniramine Maleate) Harm Reduction Website for more details.

http://www.dextromethorphan.ws/dxmguide.htm

I Don't know about instant or spontanious death due to dxm ; However, I do know it is harsh on the liver.  Very , very bad for your health with overabuse of this substance I mean hell one day your gonna need a piss filter, right?

So thats just my opinion I could be wrong.   8)  ;)

Bwiti

let 'em
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2004, 10:12:00 AM »