Author Topic: wet reflux  (Read 2510 times)

Grignard

wet reflux
« on: February 12, 2004, 09:28:00 AM »

geezmeister

Best ways
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2004, 10:04:00 AM »
Best way for an rP/I2 reaction, IMHO, is the long wet reflux. I recommend 1:1.2:0.5:0.8 ratios E:I:P:H2O, assuming lab grade materials. I suggest refluxing at an in-flask temperature of just under 100C for thirty six hours. I no longer follow Placebo's method. I have followed it in the past. I works, it produces good methamphetamine. It is not as foolproof or forgiving of errors as a wet reflux, IMO, and the wet reflux will give you excellent yield of high quality meth regardless of your experience with the synth. You do not need to add sodium thiosulphate at the end to clear iodine; a short boil of the open flask after the reaction to remove volatile inactives and a few nonpolar washes of the reaction fluid, in particular with the solvent chosen to extract the meth, are recommended. Basing the reaction fluid will take care of any free iodine still in the fluid.

The reaction will be complete by 36 hours. Experience will give you a feel for telling that the reaction is done, and smell and visual cues that are observable after the flask cools at the end of the reaction will tell you that it is finished. These are difficult to describe to someone who is not familiar with the reaction. Fortunately, you will not need to know the smell or the visual cues, you merely need to keep track of the time.

All of this information is available with little effort by the use of the search engine. Most of it can be found in the digest thread at the start of the stimulants forum. I have taken the time to answer most of your questions because I am an advocate of the long wet reflux, and in particular recommend that persons who are not familiar with this synth begin by doing it rather than the dryer, faster reactions. I have found the learning curve for the LWR to be very short, and the chance of quick success much higher than the with the other methods.

Many more details are available in the threads and I urge you to take the time to read them and learnĀ  more about the reaction before you attempt it.

morpheus

wet reflux
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2004, 10:06:00 AM »
swim thinks Placebo's method(don' know which one you are talking about)involves freebase pseudo.If you are just starting out stay away from it because it can get highly exothermic(create a lot of heat)and ruin your day.
React the hcl or salt of pseudo instead.UTFSE and look under
long wet reflux.Also I think Placebo's involves distillation
too(get into that later).Read about the LWR and then ask questions.
Somebee will gladly help you

Grignard

Thank you.. that was exactly the answer i need
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2004, 02:08:00 AM »
Thank you.. that was exactly the answer i need to hear! I used the utfse but i get so confused by the different ratio and refluxing time.. But i think this wil do it, im not so confortable with the push pull and these strange methods, it reminds me of some citchen chemistry with very little reproduce yields.