Author Topic: LSD  (Read 2996 times)

RedMonn_16

LSD
« on: December 23, 2002, 02:15:00 AM »
Problem:

Ok, so let's say you still have LSA and pyridine and SOCl2 but you don't want to order anymore diethylamine.

Solution:

Use pyrrolidine instead!~

pHarmacist

What does LSD has to do with that?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2002, 02:27:00 AM »
?

"Turn on, Tune in and Drop Out"

carboxyl

I believe Red_Monn16 is attempting to syntheize
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2002, 04:15:00 AM »
LSD via the following method.

Dissolve 0.536g (I) in 10 ml freshly distilled POCL3; stir and add 416mg powdered, freshly sublimed PCl5. Hold two minutes at room temperature, two minutes at 90°C, and evaporate in vacuum. Extract the residue with hexane to give the lysergic acid chlo ride-HCl (can also extract the reaction mixture with hexane instead of evaporating in vacuum). Alternatively use 6ml POCl3 and 240 mg SOCl2 and heat three minutes at 90°C to get the acid chloride. To 5g of the acid chloride add 1.4ml DEA in 50ml methane chloride and cool to 0°C. Stir and add 27.5 ml pyridine and stir 1/2 hour at 0° . Warm to room temperature and stir 11/2 hours. Evaporate in vacuum to get LSD.

I don't know about the validity of that synthesis, but either way, that synthesis uses lysergic acid as the precursor, not lysergic acid amide.

There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got heroin?

pHarmacist

carboxyl
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2002, 04:25:00 AM »
carboxyl, what makes you think that he's refering to that particual procedure?

What I don't understand is that he seems to claim that it's possible to replace DEA with pyrrolidine to finally obtain LSD from LSA. Did I get that right?

Heh, anyways, all I know is that I don't think that his proposal will work and that at least I have no plans in making LSD :)

Pyrrolidine:

Diethylamine:

"Turn on, Tune in and Drop Out"

carboxyl

I wasn't sure which synthesis Red_Monn was ...
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2002, 08:48:00 AM »
I wasn't sure which synthesis Red_Monn was reffering to, so searching for "SOCl2, pyridine, and LSD" I found an old page that is no longer up. Upon futher inspection of the  Google cache, it appears to be a method for LSD production involving the aboved referenced. Were you refering to another synthesis, Red_Monn? I don't see how it will work either.

There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got heroin?

Megatherium

El_Zorro

hydrolize N,N diethyl toluamide with NaOH, and ...
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2002, 09:36:00 AM »
hydrolize N,N diethyl toluamide with NaOH, and diethylamine and water distill over.  Get the N,N diethyl toluamide from any OTC mosquito repellent.

It is seductive, way too seductive.             -Eleusis

cHiLLy

ic
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2002, 02:38:00 PM »
at 1/10 potency I would rather go through the hassle of getting diethylamine from OFF.