Author Topic: Easy cristals from DMT goo (oil) for newbees  (Read 2918 times)

BR_Vibes

Easy cristals from DMT goo (oil) for newbees
« on: July 05, 2003, 03:09:00 AM »
The other day SWIM came across a new tech, by experimentation ( not research ), and wants to share...
Wile cleaning up the remains of SWIM’s evap dishes ( the bits that SWIM couldnt scrape off )  SWIM noticed that the solv used ( benzine ) wasn’t dissolving the material easily...after that he tried with the DCM and the material melted like butter...but the benzine that seemed useless to do the cleanning showed after evaporation much highter concentrations then the DCM wash that dissolved all the material from the same dish after the Benzine was tryed...
He noticed then that with certain solvents like benzine (not benzene) and he guesses Nafta too, the fats and oils wont disolve very easily but the goodies will .
So he though of taking an advantage of this fact  and of the fact that every solvent disolvs less material if frozen, and got into experimentation...results : cristals made straight out of goo very easily and with almost no waste  !
The other recristalizations and purification methods avaliable in this site are much more complete, professional an eficient and SWIM recomends them as best (MadMax’s rocks !), althougt SWIM recomends this method for the newbees that dont want to get into a second A.B. mess, but want’s his cristals... this method is not the best but a easy and quick way to go...

THEORY :   
Basically the idea is to dissolve the goodies slowly on good amounts of room temperature weak solvent ( sory my ignorance but I dont know the right term for this kind of solvents ), instead of dissolving it in as little as possible warm strong solvents ( like the DCM).
This method will allow the easy separation of the goodies from the fat that will dissolve very slowly throgh the process releasing the goodies and staying behind... changing goo straight into criastals with no second a.b.'s .
And after that cristalyzing goodies straight in the freezer and air drying the ready cristais.

EQUIPMENT NEEDED :
-   3 vials
-   1 spatula
-   less then 1litre of Benzine ( nafta will probably work )
-   Drying agent
-   Freezer
-   Vent fan

METHOD :
1-   Prepair your solvent with the drying agent.
2-   Pour your goo in one of the vials.
3-   Pour ~ 10 ml of the dried solv. per g of goo ( if using less than 5 g put 50 ml ).
4-   Mix very vigorously whith the spatula for about 10-15 min.working the goo to dissolve into the Benzine. ( notice that the goo is going to start sticking to the botom of your vial ).
5-   Pour the mixed solv. into another vial, waching so none of the goo came togheter with the solv.. You want only the translucent solvent in the other vial, but dont wory to much because the goo it’s likely to stay stuck in the initial vial.
6-   Repeat process other 3 times placing all the 200 ml of shaken solv in the same vial.
7-   Put your vial into the freezer whith some pvc film covering so no ice falls into the solv.
8-   Repeat washing process 5 times and pour the other 250 ml shaken solv in the other clean vial avaliable.
9-   Put into freezer covered as the other.
10-   Wait for ~ 3-4 hrs, then pour the solvs off the vials away togheter.
11-   Put the 2 vials full of cristals ( with no solv. ) back into the freezer for another 30 min.
12-   Take the vials and put them out for drying in the fan ( hight spead, but wach out so no powder flys away )
13-   And presto !!! One vial full whith white ass loosen powder cristals and another vial of yelowish crumbly cristals... ~ 85-98 % yield from goo’s weight ( depends on its concentration ).

If you like you can reduce the remaining 450 ml solv to 50 ml, wash again the rest of the goo remaining in the initial vial for a longer time and whith the 50ml solv. slytely warm ( 30 C) and then put into freezing and drying one more time...If you dont have much it’s worthed, but there will be very little left at this point...

The remains of the process will be almost NADA of a thick sticky brown material, that of course you can still smoke , but SWIM dont advise unless you have nothing else left...

Keep the Vibe

I hope this can help out some newbees as this site have always done to SWIM...Tks Rhodium...

hCiLdOdUeDn

Spelling errors/ corrections
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2003, 06:57:00 PM »
cristals= crystals

recristalizations= recrystalizations

Benzine= Benzene = Human Carcinogen (beware of this extremley dangerous solvent)

Nafta= Naptha

Good procedure, next time use spell check. It would help GREATLY!

mutex7

Chromatography
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2003, 07:19:00 PM »
Isn't this fundamentally just chromatography?

hCiLdOdUeDn

no
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2003, 11:16:00 PM »
All it is, is finding a suitable solvent to dissolve the gunk and not the wanted chemical. This is the same princible as washing impure MDMA.HCl or impure Meth.HCl with acetone to wash out the impurities.

hypo

eh...
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2003, 11:23:00 PM »
> recristalizations= recrystalizations

recrystallisations. if you're playing spelling nazi, at least
do it right.  ;)

> Benzine= Benzene = Human Carcinogen (beware of this extremley dangerous solvent)

not really. benzine = petrol fraction (something like pet ether).

hCiLdOdUeDn

hehe im always learning somethin new*
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2003, 02:22:00 AM »
Yup,

I did misspell recrystallisations. But did you know that it is also recrystallizations? Oh well spellings not important... I can still understand it  ;)

Really? I never heard of benzine.

hypo

yep,
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2003, 09:42:00 AM »
> But did you know that it is also recrystallizations?

sure. but somehow that "z" feels wrong to me.

> Really? I never heard of benzine.

see for example

http://www.google.com/search?q=medical+benzine

there's tons of different benzine fractions.since the original poster
doesn't seem to be english native, i guess he means a petrol
fraction, as in virtually every other language benzine==petrol.

BR_Vibes

benzine e benzene
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2003, 04:56:00 PM »
Indead Hipo, I ment benzine ( a petrol fraction...)I'm not english native and this situation made me confused for a long time...After working with this solv. for almost 1 year I found this link on Rhodium's HP describing the diferences... check it out at Miscelaneous section in the OTC solv Faq 1.0 link.,and carefull not to choose benzene to work whith...as said before causes Leukemia

Keep the Vibe...

BR_Vibes

dissolving the goodies no gunk...
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2003, 05:05:00 PM »
>All it is, is finding a suitable solvent to dissolve the gunk and not the wanted chemical.

Actualy not, the idea is the oposit...you must find a solvent that will disolve the GOODIES well and NOT THE GUNK, so you can pick your goodies straight from the solv....

Keep the Vibe

SorceresS

rhodium says
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2003, 05:36:00 AM »
rhodium says it is "recrystallization". i believe he is correct.

CoriscO

Crystals,crystals,crystals
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2003, 10:29:00 PM »
Hey Br_Vibes your method is simple and it works!!!
SWIM always got DMT oil wich he thougt was fine,for it blows his mind. But these sparkling crystals that are now in his front are much easyer to store, to divide , to smoke ,and...  they are BEAUTIFUL.I think SWIM will never bother to much about defatting anymore.