Author Topic: Help the G Lady.....Please  (Read 1982 times)

fastsally

Help the G Lady.....Please
« on: April 26, 2004, 05:49:00 AM »
Okay, I have a couple stupid questions about GBL. First, I am getting 99% GBL and would like to convert it to GHB.  I understand you can do this with NaOh which is lye, right?  Where can one purchase this chemical...hardware store? grocery? I don't know where to start.....  I've read the basic recipe but any hints or suggestions would be great....I can't stand the foul taste of GBL another day.  I've mixed it with everything I'm ready to convert.  I wish I could smoke it in my bowl....
Twirlee Titties,
Sally

amine

KOH and NaOH can be bought for cheap online or
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2004, 06:08:00 AM »
KOH and NaOH can be bought for cheap online or any local chemical store, dont go for the BS drain cleaner dirty bullshit. NaOH/KOH are not watched so do yourself a favor and get something very clean. :). An alternative is using Backing Soda, letting the reaction run a little longer :)

But go 4 the NaOH/KOH.

(edited because I can't spell).

idiotsavant2201

Most natural soapmaking supplies will have...
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2004, 09:33:00 PM »
Most natural soapmaking supplies will have NaOH, and pretty cheaply too. RDL is fine for some things, but stick with pure KOH or NaOH for GHB

fierceness

Don't use lye. You can use ACS NaOH, but of...
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2004, 01:34:00 AM »
Don't use lye.  You can use ACS NaOH, but of any other quality is not a good idea.  Reflux with baking soda for about 30 min.  As simple as that.