Author Topic: Ipomea quamoclit, or noctiflora - LSA?  (Read 2454 times)

ihatemice

Ipomea quamoclit, or noctiflora - LSA?
« on: August 06, 2003, 01:04:00 AM »
Does anyone know if Ipomea quamoclit, or Ipomea noctiflora seeds have LSA in them?

Cheers for your help,
Ihatemice.

Aurelius

LSA content
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2003, 02:02:00 AM »
Why not just get one of the readily available varieties in the list found here:

Post 452044

(GC_MS: "TLC alkaloid determination of Morning Glory seeds", Tryptamine Chemistry)

Although, it would still be good to find the requested information and include it in the thread linked.

ihatemice

Because...
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2003, 06:48:00 PM »
Mainly because it's near impossible to get those well known varieties where I am from, and after many hours spent looking around these were the only types I could get my hands on.

I would import them but they would just be siezed by customs. Infact I consider myself lucky I found any varieties at all because my government has made a huge effort to stop the retailing of this plant because they consider it a horrible weed officially (but I'm sure there is a bit more behind the story then that).

Anywho - cheers for your response and the link.

GC_MS

US?
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2003, 10:48:00 PM »
If you are from the States, there shouldn't be any problem in acquiring this kind of seeds. Nor in at least 4 major European countries. I can think of an online herbal store in Down Under as well.

I will not give a link for public display, since I believe it is disadventageous for both you and the herb@l store, and it might be against the rules as well. But if you are desperate in finding an online source, you can PM me. I have some experience in importing seeds  :) .

ihatemice

OZZIE
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2003, 01:25:00 AM »

Aurelius

GC_MS
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2003, 09:46:00 AM »
The store that you talk about isn't hard to find. So, I don't think that anybody is at a disadvantage is their search.  Not to mention, don't they ship just about anywhere in the world?

GC_MS

It probably isn't hard to find at all, but in...
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2003, 10:09:00 AM »
It probably isn't hard to find at all, but in this case, I refrain from posting the URL publically. Ethnobotanical e-stores are gradually becoming exposed to an increasing pressure from Law Enforcement agencies (remember the way they "busted" that mushroom post order company in the US?). So I don't want to throw in a company into the ring, which might all the sudden see a 500% client increase, but which will also become targetted.
And all by all, I still haven't encountered a single online ethnobotanical company that declined of sending me seeds, herbs or whatever I had need for. I must admit that I don't just order things as Mimosa hostilis or mushrooms; I also order incense or just medicinal herbal preparations, and the combination seldomly gives a problem. If you are lucky, you can also find some real professional e-stores. Professional in the way they ship their stuff (read as: "mislabeling" in a legal way. Just like you would send MDMA.HCl as salt  ;) ). I have never had problems before. And after all, you can also obtain certain "herbs" from regular horticultural seed suppliers. These are unsuspicious over the whole line...  :)