Author Topic: freebase quetion  (Read 1969 times)

technology

freebase quetion
« on: July 11, 2003, 11:07:00 PM »
hello all,

i have been looking all over the hive for info on distillation of mdma freebase. As i am dreaming of a purer product i am confused..'

basically, after the MM al/hg rxn i am lost, do i flood rxn contents with toluene and HCL and do washes etc...then gas, as MM rxn implys. Or do i distill the MDMA-freebase then do washes and crystalize.(UNSURE) :(

i hope i have explained my concern well enough. please help? i have searched"

as i am a newbee, it would be much appreciated if someone could direct me to the right direction. To find the info.." :P regarding my concern..: ;) all be cool

regarding my concern: what temp will the freebase come over at, the same as the ketone or diff, the answer is prob simple, but i am confused to fuck...just when i think i understand it all i am lost agian...

just afta a dam good wet dream. cheers.."

nitrous351

distill
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2003, 12:23:00 AM »
Do all your washes and shit, then distill the freebase. I can't tell you what temp at which it will come over, because I'm not familiar with your setup. It's pretty unique to everyone.

OcoteaCymbarum

Here is the proper order
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2003, 05:10:00 PM »
After the reaction is finished, you basify. I have to say here that MM uses way too much base for no reason.

Once basified, you extract with your np(xylene, toluene)
From there you have to do a standard Acid-Base extraction

First, you wash your non-polar a couple of times. I like to wash 3 times with 5% NaOH. This gets rid of water soluble impurities
Then you extract your mdma freebase with a solution of 10-15% HCl. The general idea is to extract with 5-10 times its weight in solvent. So 100-200ml of 10% HCl for your around 20-25 grams of freebase.

Now u have your mdma as a salt in water.
Wash that water with clean non-polar
That cleans the non-polar soluble impurities.

Now basify the solution,and reextract with a non-polar.

You now have finished your A/B extraction and you product is already pretty pure. You can gass from there.

BUT

For better purity and health hazards, its now time to distill your freebase. Once distilled, gass it !

rudebwoy

congratulation
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2003, 07:02:00 PM »
you just described an a/b extraction.

freebase comes around ~5-15 celcius from your ketone.

technology

cheers fellas.."
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2003, 01:48:00 AM »
cheers fellas.."

i appreciate the help on my post, as i seemed to work it out after the addition of the post :o

the contribution made confirmed cheers.. :P

anyway thanx again.. ;)  ;)  ;)