Author Topic: freebase to HCL  (Read 2602 times)

tryptamine_king

freebase to HCL
« on: January 04, 2003, 05:43:00 PM »
I have read that with 5-MeO-DiPT HCL and AMT HCL you can mix with ammonia and eventually get the freebase. My question is, is there an easy way to do it backwards. freebase to hydrochloride. This will be tried with AMT freebase (alpha-methyltryptamine) if a workup is posted. Also is acetate/freebase the same thing? The AMT I have is a fluffy white/offwhite powder about the same consistancy of laundry soap flakes. Also I would like to do this to 5-MeO-DMT too. The 5-MeO-DMT I have is offwhite/yellowish crystals looks like (dirty) crystal meth. I am told both of these are the freebase salt.

yellium

Why would you want to do that?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2003, 06:12:00 PM »
Why would you want to do that? Freebase is much more versatile (i.e. you can smoke it, if you want to).

Rhodium

Acetate
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2003, 06:48:00 PM »
The acetate of a drug is not the freebase, it's the acetate salt (made with acetic acid). You are in dire need of studying some basic chemistry before you aspire to do any chemical transformations yourself.

tryptamine_king

freebase to HCL
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2003, 03:26:00 PM »

Yellium: The reason behind this is because the HCL is more potent than the freebase by weight for AMT. I am often asked for AMT HCL and not the freebase. What I am told from my supplier about freebase is that it stores more easily, and for longer periods of time. Is this true?

Rhodium: You are right sir I need to study. I didnt think they were the same, but I was just asking. Thanks for your input it will be banked away for further use. This is not the last post from me, I am sure you will see an improvement the longer I am into chemistry and report back to the board. Till next time my friend.

Lilienthal

The salt is more stable and less active by...
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2003, 12:27:00 AM »
The salt is more stable and less active by weight (not by mole).