Author Topic: FDA Trials Of MDMA  (Read 2732 times)

Offline java

• Founding Wasp
FDA Trials Of MDMA
« on: May 14, 2020, 01:35:50 AM »
"If you like yourself....then take care of yourself"

Offline java

• Founding Wasp
Re: FDA Trials Of MDMA
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2020, 05:19:37 AM »
From LSD to Ecstasy, How Psychedelics Are Altering Therapy, with Prof. Harriet de Wit (Ep. 51)

Excerp

The latest research shows that there may be more uses for drugs like MDMA and LSD than sending people on mind-altering trips. In fact, they could radically change how some people engage with therapy. De Wit also examines microdosing, why it is so popular, and whether it does what people suggest.

https://news.uchicago.edu/big-brains-podcast-lsd-ecstasy-how-psychedelics-are-altering-therapy
"If you like yourself....then take care of yourself"

Offline TryItYoullLikeIt

• Psycho Knot
  • Subordinate Wasp
Re: FDA Trials Of MDMA
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2020, 04:01:01 PM »
I just wrote a research paper on MDMA-assisted psychotherapy for PTSD treatment the other day. The research is sound but there are many out there they are blaming MAPS for misrepresenting the data and doing harm to future research. The Heffter Institute is doing interesting stuff with psilocybin for addiction therapy that I hope makes some progress.
We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried. Most people were silent. I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty, and, to impress him, takes on his multi-armed form and says, 'Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.