Author Topic: 1,4 chlorobutane For 1,4 butanol  (Read 4300 times)

Vibrating_Lights

1,4 chlorobutane For 1,4 butanol
« on: August 10, 2004, 03:15:00 AM »
Could 1,4 chlorobutane be hydrolized in the same manners as the standard BzCl-BzOH methods to give 1,4 butandiol

Rhodium

1,4-Dichlorobutane -> 4-Chlorobutanol -> THF
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2004, 03:42:00 AM »
That is unlikely, as the intermediate 4-chlorobutanol will cyclize to tetrahydrofuran under basic conditions.

Vibrating_Lights

gaba
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2004, 04:17:00 PM »
Can NaOH in MeOH not be used to hydrolize Gaba for Na:GHB.

Nicodem

No
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2004, 05:20:00 PM »
There is nothing in the GABA molecule that can be hydrolized. You need to transform the amino group into a hydroxy in order to get GHB. There are numerous threads dealing with this reaction (nitrosation of GABA).

Bwiti

Price To Pay?
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2004, 03:43:00 AM »
If it gets converted to tetrahydrofuran (THF) in the body, then you'll definately get a GHB-like buzz. I've ingested 4ml THF at a time without any shitty side-effects; just sweet euphoria, but I've done this several times, and I don't know how my liver is doing. Is there some sort of test that my Dr. can give me or am I up shit creek without a paddle? I don't know if my liver is slop. Any suggestions?

longimanus

liver blood enzymes
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2004, 09:19:00 AM »
Bwiti:
 Possibly the standart test will do the work:
Aspartate aminotransferase (AST or SGOT) - must be <40
Alanine aminotransferase (ALT or SGTP) - must be <40
Gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGTP, GGT) - must be <60

But if your values are a little bit higher do not worry, just stop for about 1-2 months your biological experiments.

yei

anyway, you can make ketamine with that!
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2004, 04:03:00 PM »
you can use a base to alkylate acetophenone with that 1,4 dichlorobutane and skip right to the middle of the ketamine synthesis. You can make pyrrolle with it also. I'd probably save the stuff for some cool experiments.