Author Topic: E.I2.mbrp. +h2o excess  (Read 2685 times)

popi

E.I2.mbrp. +h2o excess
« on: April 04, 2004, 11:57:00 AM »
Swim had to add a extra 10mls h2o to start the reaction.e:10 I2:13 mbrp:8 dh2o:8mls.The last run brought back only half the filterd rp or less.Swim wanted to make sure the weight was there so he added an extra 3 grams of rp and extra I2.The Solution was very thick no liquid, now it is porridge like.Reaction is Producing small bubbles that pop fast all over the surface.Hi is being made,it is holding pressure from the limp ballon.Solution sticks up to the walls of flask all around. Talking to the bees,advice is what to do?Thinking of fluxing for 72hrs because of the extra h20,orĀ  removeing the condensor and boiling it down and adding extra I2.Therefore since adding an extra 10mls h2o the reaction is like thick soup,red,refluxing 1 drop per sec h2o,holding gas and has no smoke.Small Hi fumes can bee seen.Is this good or no good?What to do?

isol8

Excess water
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2004, 06:09:00 PM »
I too would love to hear the effects of excess h2o. What I've seen in my searches only goes as high as 1mL of water per g of E, does this mean you are fucked if it is more? will a longer reaction overcome the dilution? should iodine be added in the middle of a reaction if it's found to be to dilute?
Or most simply put: What are the ratios of the most dilute reaction producing a decent yield that has ever reported to the hive?

Relux

concerning water
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2004, 06:28:00 PM »
Try taking a look at this post:

Post 486915 (missing)

(geezmeister: "recovering a too-wet reaction", Stimulants)

This is where one of our more popular bees explains water in relation to reaction times, along with how to fix a sloppy-wet reaction.

popi

tried that
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2004, 01:41:00 AM »
Thanks but did all that: no go.Was producing Hi crystals too but did not convert...

geezmeister

do it by the ratios
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2004, 07:10:00 AM »
Popi, you really should just add the precursors in the suggested ratios and let the reaction run its course. You start worrying about whether it is proceeding properly or not and start changing ratios and adding more of this or that. How is it that you can say the reaction is or is not acting properly if you don't let one run to completion?

Next time, add the precursors in proper ratios and let the reaction run. What happens may please you.

You say you are making HI and have water in the reaction. You also say you aren't getting any reduction, that the pseudo is not becoming meth. If you have HI in a 50% aqueous solution, the reaction should be working. If it isn't, suspect your pseudo. If it isn't the pseudo, it must be a lack of HI, and you must be having a lot of trouble explaining what is going on to us.

popi

Ratios done to the T.
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2004, 05:20:00 PM »
Geez,Remember your first sucessful rxn that is where Swimm wants to bee.All is done as you said.Charged flask and you are right ,pleased bee was until sudo came back instead of M. Explaining is very hard to do,as the smell was never there B tried a sample .No conversion to M.is what was found. Geeze everything was A1 except mbrp was washed with well water.ON this run the rp was from the last run so mayby that effect of well water was stillĀ  on the rp.The sudo is fine,ala my post No conversion to M .Time ,temerature,dh2o .8mls h2o used your formula to the T.YOU are right again! it must be that the rp was no good, B thought it was getting Hi.Can't tell in a lwr.Still refluxing,waited for the word to add more I2 and rp.Had an excess of rp on the last run... remember....

wareami

Suspect MBRP
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2004, 06:01:00 PM »
Next time, after filtering and washing RP with h2o, always wash MBRP several times with acetone, then drying before proceeding to the next run. You'd be surprised how much brown seeps into the tone that if not removed will taint the next batch!

popi

re Acetone Wash MBRP
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2004, 06:37:00 PM »
You are amazing Warami! First Swim thought 'don't mention the extra 1ml h2o,as Rodium says 1m is the upper-most level.My level was way less than 1 even with the extra ml added.Jenna also brought to my attention that I2 tincture is always wetter than LG.That would attribute to the not perfectly washed mbrp!,to stall the rxn. Having Brown mbrp after a fire ,Bee thought was ok,but it was suspect, now you confirmed it!Bee took about 1\3gr rp for the tester so ,it will be replaced,with some I2 minus the h2o.Swim hopes the old rp in the mx won't mess the new...