Author Topic: isopropoxy cocaine  (Read 1516 times)

SPISSHAK

isopropoxy cocaine
« on: May 30, 2002, 08:07:00 AM »
SWIM discovered  a year ago by accident (sort of)
I'll first detail the subjective effects:
Just like cocaine,but without the anxiety (so much).
effects on the heart similar to cocaine (no free lunch!)
The "high" is best described as cocaine's euphoria With a twist A feeling of relaxation similar to MDMA.
PREPERATION:
Very simple,boil coke HCL in Anhydrous isopropyl alcohol at 125 degress centigrate for roughly 20 minutes then evep. alcohol and work up with acetone to get crystals.
Basically no potency increase and no decrease really, just a more "mellow" coke high.

Azarius

125 deg. C
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2002, 05:02:00 PM »
Surely to boil a soln. of coke.HCl in IPA at 125C, it would have to bee done under increased pressure?

Lilienthal

Sound like bullshit, sorry...
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2002, 05:19:00 PM »
Sound like bullshit, sorry...

What do you think happened to the cocaine hydrochloride? How do you boil  isopropyl alcohol at 125°C? Questions over questions...

SPISSHAK

Bullshit?
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2002, 08:54:00 PM »
I don't rant bullshit.
This is something I remember reading on chemweb where they boiled a glycol (diol) with cocaine at that temperature for that stated time and the 2-carbomethoxy ester was substituted with the glycol. Using alcohol in ecxess is of course nessecary. "La chatlier's principle"
So SWIM when he used to have more coke than he knew what to do with tried this.
With isopropanol (anhydrous)
If the alcohol isn't anhydrous you would just succedd in hydrolysing the 2-carbomethoxy ester.
If the alcohol is anhydrous you will get a substition of alcohol groups in the 2- ester moiety.
And SWIM used a double bowl reflux in oil bath with ice in the top bowl (worked just fine)
He even used a coldfinger to sublimate the cocaine base and it worked very well!
I'll see if I can scrounge that example off chem web if you want?

SPISSHAK

ancillarilly
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2002, 09:10:00 PM »
To add to this I also saw a synthesis for a phenyl tropane I think it was preped from para-methyl, para phenyl Magnesium bromide (grignard) and anhydroecgonine.
After workup of the grignard reaction they reacted the 2-carboxylic acid function on the tropane ring with thionyl
chloride, and used isopropanol to esterify it to the 2-isopropoxide ester.
I think I saw this on the hedonistic imperative website I'll go look.
AKA hedweb???
I'm thinking this may serve to sort of balance out the potency of the compound (just a theory)

regarding the subjective effects of this I must first state that this is no panacea here it is merely a derivative of
cocaine that shares some pharmacological propeties and differs in others.
About the effect on the heart I must correct that previuos post by saying that it does'nt elevate the pulse rate like cocaine does, but you defintley notice the inotropic effects.
I think this is refered to as "quinidine like action" on the heart.
This ester derivative may be useful as a building block for other analouges.
Like the one mentioned on hedonistic imperative.

Osmium

So what you did was converting the methyl ester ...
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2002, 01:48:00 AM »
So what you did was converting the methyl ester into an ispropyl ester?

I'm not fat just horizontally disproportionate.

SPISSHAK

yes nothing spectacular
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2002, 02:09:00 AM »
You got that one right osmium "what do we have for him Johnny?"
Just kidding , it's late.

Lilienthal

Oops, sound much better now...
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2002, 07:22:00 AM »
Sorry again - for my premature eruption  :) .

Do you have any hints (beside trying that stuff) that you really substituted the ester? TLC? NMR?

I think you need a strongly acidic catalyst for that reesterification to take place. Just the amine hydrochloride won't do it. The glycol may do it without that catalyst (I haven't checked the paper though) due to some strange chelating effects.

SPISSHAK

No I never had a 1H NMR machine laying around
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2002, 09:42:00 AM »
The only tests were qualitative,I.E. (trying).
I can't recall what it was from chemweb that described the process using the glycol, but yes no catylist was used in that case, only the elevated temperatures.
You may be right and this is only subjective opinion.
That remains to be seen.